Ford Focus Forum banner

2019 Focus spy pics

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wilko 
#1 ·
Found this cruising the intraweb. Hard to see the lines with all the camo, but that's the point.

What intrigues me the most is the "range of ecoboost engines" available. Does that mean we'll be seeing the smaller ones that other market have been getting for years? Does it also mean the RS (not mentioned in the article) will finally be getting the I5 that Europe has enjoyed for nearly a decade?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1028512_2019-ford-focus-spy-shots

Also mentions the main competitor VW Golf as having more tech, fully digital dash and gesture recognition. Could it be that the Blue Oval will be playing catch up again?

I could go for an ecoboost 1.6 AWD with fully digital dash and a 6 speed manual (at least, or possibly paddle shifted dual clutch transmission), as a daily driver. MPG would be there, but put down the go pedal climb the revs and it would scoot.

Or a full on RS with an inline 5.

#2 ·
It does mention the RS... "including performance-oriented options for successors to the current model's ST and RS hotties". I was disappointed to see no details on the engines offered.

I think I will take a test drive when they come out, to see if the longer and wider wheel base will allow me to drive a Focus again.

#3 ·
I must have missed the RS reference. Remember reading that line about the ST.

But, I was somewhat disappointed that they seem to have abandoned a 2 door hatch. The rest of the world seems to realize this is the most economical and practical packaging. For example, I'm single and have a dog. Sometimes I'll need to transport fishing poles or guitars and amps.

With the rear seats down in my ZX3 I can fit a fair amount of cargo in the back. Same when I owned a sedan, and I can count the number of times I had rear seat passengers on one hand. Didn't own a dog then, but I was into competitive shooting, so I had to transport rifle cases (my benchrest .22 was a little over 4 feet long and the case was longer than my precision bass' case).

#4 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.