01 zx3 brake light and stalling issues
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Capaldi Racing

Default 01 zx3 brake light and stalling issues

ok so first time posting on here so go easy on me look i have a 2001 ford focus zx3 brakes lights aren't working i replaced the brake light switch and bulbs and fuses are good

problem number 2 i have had a really bad stalling bucking issue with this car either if its hot outside or if i warm it up it once it hits 3000 rpm or 55 65 mph its starts bucking but still drivable if i downshift or i give it more gas if i warm it up and drive it soon as i go through first gear it starts to buck an stall like it isn't getting air or fuel …heres what I've done to try to fix it
    plugs and wires
    ignition coil
    fuel filter
    checked all vac lines all are good next step is fuel pump complete assembly and fuel injectors ..weird part is it drove great for one day when i had the fuel filter replace … please help i spent my taxes on this car and i have to kids i just wanna get it back on the road it only has 123xxx on it ,, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    FocalJet.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 01 zx3 brake light and stalling issues

I don't think the brake lights not working is related to the engine cutting out problem.

On the brake lights, after replacing the switch, bulb and fuses are they still not working? Or did that solve it?

If they're still not working, I'd look at the wiring where it goes through to the hatch. Many times the repeated opening and closing of the hatch causes the wiring to chafe inside the flexible tube that carries them. I'd look here next, although if they fuses are OK then they might not be shorting out.

As far as problem #2, before you look at the fuel pump and injectors I'd check the throttle position sensor.

You say the weird part is it drove great for a day when you had the fuel filter replaced. Does that mean it drove great for a day after it was replaced, or was it running great until the filter was replaced?
    Recently junked Light Saphire Blue 2000 SE sedan
    Stock except for fog light trick, LED's, and a wagon rear dome light.
    2007 ZX3 S "The Stig" 2.0 Duratec 5 speeed, Oxford white exterior black interior
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodKristina View Post
    Heck yes, those are fantastic. Especially with your meat :wub:

Default Re: 01 zx3 brake light and stalling issues

Does the engine rev normally in neutral, or idle normally?
    Recently junked Light Saphire Blue 2000 SE sedan
    Stock except for fog light trick, LED's, and a wagon rear dome light.
    2007 ZX3 S "The Stig" 2.0 Duratec 5 speeed, Oxford white exterior black interior
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodKristina View Post
    Heck yes, those are fantastic. Especially with your meat :wub: