Ford Focus Forum banner

MK1 Ecoboost

56K views 75 replies 19 participants last post by  DisguisedSPI 
#1 ·
Hey all, I have gotten a lot of knowledge, so I'm sharing what I have been up to. My build thread is over on FF, if you are interested.

Not familiar with y'all over here....help me out if it's in the wrong place. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
No sir, because the Duratec MTX-75 really hasn't changed throughout the years. All the bolt holes lined up like it came from factory.

No 6 speed basically for the fact that if we used them, custom axles would have up get made=$$$. And possibly other smaller changes... Where now I can just buy standard cv axles and be fine.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I've had this idea myself...

Was even wondering if a newer Taurus SHO AWD could be made to work, or an RS engine and drivetrain. I'm sure they could be, but I don't have the skills (welding or fab) nor a place to do it (not to mention the fund$$$$$$).

#16 ·
This is very interesting. Maybe the 5 speed would work better in the lighter car. The close ratio 6 would spin the tires even easier. When the ms3 first came out i think it was car and driver that said a 5 speed would have suited the csr better for power band reasons.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Very cool; good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.