Ford Focus Forum banner

How much refrigerant??

26K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  98LowRanger 
#1 ·
Just wondering how much refrigerant I will need to put into a 03 Focus that is bone dry. I have gauges so I won't over charge the system. I also already have 1 12 ounce can of R134A, but figured I needed at least one more.

#4 ·
Most cars take 2 (usually 3) cans to fill up.

My guess would be 2.5-3 cans. I think they're 12 or 16 ounces each. Get 3.

#5 ·
you dont want to just put refrigerant in without knowing how much to put in or how much you are putting in. too much refrigerant can cause problems with the system.

I looked all over underneath the hood and I can't find anywhere that tells how much refrigerant. Yes, I planed on pulling a vacuum on the system.
my 2000 Ford CD just says to "see label on vehicle" so it must be there somewhere. if you cant find it, try calling Steve at Tousley and see if he can help you out.

#9 ·
I hate to pick up an extra can ($8) for just 2 ounces, but I guess I will. Thanks for the replies guys!! You know it might have been listed on the black plastic piece that fits above the grill and radiator. I KNOW there was some informative stickers on it, but my Euro one is clean of any stickers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.