Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Butler MacMaster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TEAM Member

Default Bagged Focus and my Daily driver and misc pictures

Well the focus isn't 100% bagged yet...everything is installed just need to run the lines (its been like 95+ degrees out lately way to hot for me haha) and mount the tank and compressor and hook everything up. i spray glued the carpet down to a false floor I made and today I noticed it didnt even stick ...I had used elmers spray glue so today I went out and bought 3m spray glue and gorilla glue...tomorrow night i'll retry

Other than the bags the only new stuff really is the LED taillights and the LED 3rd Brake Light and the Speedhut blue gauges...other than that...and I shined up the civic today so I decided to take some pictures of that too.

THE WING IS COMING OFF DON"T WORRY...my exterior of the car is going to be getting a major make over

Front are cylinders and don't sit as low as I would like but maybe its a good thing because they are still driveable all the way down in case (KNOCK ON WOOD) anything would happen

Comment on it if you like...
    My Rides
    01 Ford Focus ZX3 All Show
    11 Ford Focus SES...daily driver

Senior TEAM Member

Default Re: Bagged Focus and my Daily driver and misc pictures

So wait, thats the front and back all the way down?!

You could get lower then that with a good coilover kit. and handle a crap ton better.

please tell me thats not all the way down.

Brent

TEAM Member

i really like the new civic + kudos from me and ur focus is very tight too

What have I... What have I... What have I done to deserve this?

I really like what you've done to the ZX3, except that wing of course And I'm in love with your Si

-Brian
    '14 Oxford White Focus SE 5-door - EDM love all over again!
    '08 Carbon Grey Metallic Hyundai Tuscani 2.7 Elisa - KDM-spec underway (and almost done!) - Gone but not forgotten!
    Early '00 ZX3 - E-spec in progress (Rattletrap) - Gone but not forgotten!

TEAM Member

the rear tucks the tire up a little which is pretty low to me...plus the side skirts you can put your shoe underneith the back of the sideskirt and it gets stuck..so its probably 2 inchs off the ground on the side skirts...I really can't wait to see how high it gets up...i bet the front has like a 4-5 inch wheel gap haha
    like i said i'm not to mad about the front because If you blow a air line and your front sits real low have fun trying to turn on the side of the road without messing up your fenders ya know
    My Rides

Senior TEAM Member

But how much money did you put into that air bag system?
    i almost tuck as much rear tire as you, and im lower in the front then you. And i just have progress springs, eibach pro dampers and a heavy ass system.

I just dont see the point of the bags if your not gonna get lower.

TEAM Member

I didn't pay that much for the setup but in baltimore some of the roads are real bad...plus i am about to switch to a different kit which is fiberglass so I don't want that to get messed up...i mean i used to have sportline springs on the car and getting in that drive way i'd have to go at a real sharp angle and even then the exhaust would scrape...

question..even though there is no air in the bags and they are all the way down if you put weight into the back of the car would it go any lower...also notice I left the rubber bushing things in the rear ( I didnt know to take them out or leave them
    My Rides

Senior TEAM Member

That is as low as you are going to go in the back. Unless you put lots of heavy stuff in.
    I mean it looks good, but it just doesnt make too much since if your gonna go low, go LOW.

here is an example of how low it should be :-)

Brent

TEAM Member

yeah but all that stuff he has done a lot of cutting and stuff...i'm not that good yet...i put this kit on myself (with no experience ever with air ride) plus look at his front..if he's driving down the beltway and say one of the bags blows out or the air line have fun trying to turn the car to get on the shoulder...his fenders will be torn up and so will his tires...and then he has to be towed...while me on the other hand can drive fine
    My Rides

Senior TEAM Member

YOu cant spell custom with out cut some. and actually he did have his stuff blow on the way back from houston (about 300 miles) and he drove it all the way down. It wasnt a very comfortable ride. but the car was fine.

Brent

TEAM Member

well going straight i'm sure he was fine but i cant see how turning the wheels wouldnt rub and hit the fenders all the way down..what size rims does he have 18's? if i went with 18's would it tuck more in? I have 17's now..and like I said i'm a novice when it comes to this stuff...I don't know how to weld or anything but I can say i've put my first bag system in my car myself..which is good enough for me
    My Rides

Senior TEAM Member

eh, regardless. Looks great. Will get you some points at shows. But coming from a guy who has a few friends with bag vehicles. You will wanna go lower. So start learning some tricks of the trade. hehe Good job!

brent

TEAM Member

well for the rear I left the bushings in on each side...does that matter or should i take them out? any other idea's on how to make it lower? i want the rear as low as possible..and my new kit I have is the evo 3 so that I think sits low to begin with I can't wait to see it on this
    My Rides

TEAM Member

I like the shine of your Focus, looks great. I like the Tail lights of the Focus too.
    The Honda, Ho humm, to plain for me, I like the Focus much more.
    I'm Red from head to toe The Red Baron.

TEAM Member

This is how a bolt on bag kit looks with no cutting.
    I have alot of things done to my car!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast