Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Tasca Auto Group

Rookie

Default [HELP] 2006 Focus Si - Boot won't open, (central locking won't work)

Hi All

My name is Vic and I'm new to the forum.

My much loved focus that I've had for 3 or so years went all crazy on me last night.

The boot was pretty full with musical equipment, then while I was on my way to the studio, the cabin light came on (as if I'd opened a door). I checked all my doors and they were properly closed. I then tried to open the boot, but no luck. It just won't open. I tried pressing it down hard to get it to "click" closed, but no luck there. Crawled into the boot, and tried to push it up/out, no luck there either.

Then when I tried to lock my car, it just makes that locl/unlock sound as if one of my doors is still open.

Then on my drive home, I noticed that while my indicators are working on the outside, the green lights on the dashboard no longer display anything.

And the cabin light remains on unless I switch it to "off" mode.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Giveen 2.0 - I might be retarded AJAx's Avatar

Default Re: [HELP] 2006 Focus Si - Boot won't open, (central locking won't work)

Focus Si? Is that like a Honda Civic Si with a Ford Focus engine or something?
    My car has been neutered.

Rookie

Default Re: [HELP] 2006 Focus Si - Boot won't open, (central locking won't work)

That's what they call the 1.6 hatchback with the sport body kit here in South Africa.

Giveen 2.0 - I might be retarded AJAx's Avatar

http://www.ford.co.za/servlet/Conten...MCSA&c=DFYPage

Ah okay, I see now. So now we need to do some translation. By boot, do you mean the hatchback?
    My car has been neutered.

Senior TEAM Member

sounds like a major electrical problem. When you hit the button to open the "boot" trunk so you hear the trunk release motor try to open?
    Garage as of 4/10/10
    2003 Zx3-T 2.3L
    2002 SVTF
    2001 Zx3

Quote Originally Posted by AJAx View Post
    http://www.ford.co.za/servlet/Conten...MCSA&c=DFYPage

Ah okay, I see now. So now we need to do some translation. By boot, do you mean the hatchback?
    Dammit, they even get the ST in South Africa! WTF!? /rant

Yeah, sounds like a pretty major thing, with all the weird stuff happening anyway. Good luck with it and post up if you find out what the cause is.
    Carlisle 2010 - I found da Gold, twice!
    The Little Red Focus - Gone, and missed

You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself." ~ Harvey Firestone.

(O_\/_O) <-- I love Bugs. :-)

Am the only one that wants to get a Focus Si badge just to piss off the Honda-heads?
    .._____ .......<=2002 Ford Focus ZX3............ _______
    /___l__\__ .......................................... . __/__|__|_ |
    l(o)____(o)l 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer =>l(o)_____(o)l

It sounds definitely electrical -- more like a short or something.

Have you modified your car recently and/or taken it in for any servicing?
    Richard
    2002 ZTS | Sangria Red |
    Over 519,000 km and 324,000 miles
    2012 SE Sport | Red Candy | Over 47,000 km and 29,000 miles

[FJ] focaljet - Forum Guidelines - Welcome to the Jet - 2012 Focus - Team Canada - FJ Store - Sponsors - SEARCH

TEAM Member

Check to be sure that all the door switches are ok. It sounds like the car belives a door is open. The lack of dash lights suggests you might have damaged the switch and blown a fuse. Look for fuses as evidence. My guess would be some of that musical equipment bashed the hatch switch.
    2002 Focus SVT

Rookie

Yeah, meant the hatch, not the boot. Sorry.

Think I will check the fuse box, hopefully an easy fix. Will update when I can.

Rookie

Ok, not the fuses. Guess that means I'll need to take it in to a Ford dealer to get it sorted. Damn.

TEAM Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySolo2 View Post
    Am the only one that wants to get a Focus Si badge just to piss off the Honda-heads?
    That right there sounds like a great idea lol
    2002 Sonic Blue SVTF #3480 Got Brocks
    1996 kawi zx6r My Dinosaur
    1998 Dodge Neon 5 Speed "el Beast"
    2003 Arctic Cat F7 Silver Bomber with big bore DD pipes Boondocker (need snow)

Quote Originally Posted by BobOfTheFuture View Post
    Check to be sure that all the door switches are ok. It sounds like the car belives a door is open. The lack of dash lights suggests you might have damaged the switch and blown a fuse. Look for fuses as evidence. My guess would be some of that musical equipment bashed the hatch switch.
    I had an issue on my hatch once where none of the dash lights would come on and I had no rear lights (pretty much anything related to the parking lights). Turned out that one of my license plate bulbs had grounded itself against the car frame and was causing a short in the system. Your issue made me think of this because of the relation between the license plate bulbs on the boot causing the dash lights not to work properly. Your Focus definitely has a crossed wire somewhere in the system. Odd that is didn't pop any fuses though.
    Last edited by slipster17; Mar 11, 2010 at 8:58 AM.
    April 2010 FF ROTM
    2011 Yellow Blaze Metallic SES Fiesta hatch

Carlisle AFN 2011 & 2013 1st Place - Fiesta Class
    FR '11 Winner - Best Fiesta

Rookie

Thanks for the recommendation. Taking it in tomorrow, in the end, it's worth forking out a bit of cash to make sure it gets sorted 100%. Just hope the ford guys don't take me for a ride and charge me the earth.