Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Tire Rack

TEAM Member

Default whats louder magnaflow or borla, please read in full

please do not reply and answer the question unless you have heard both exhausts...its kinda sad to keep reading i have this and it sounds great, yada yada yada....

basically my friend just got his magnaflow and installed, it sounds soooooo quiet from the outside, even tailing him in my stock exhaust i cant hear it that well. Its a good thing dont get me wrong

wanted to see which is louder the magnaflow or the svt borla kit? I havent had a chance to hear the borla at all so wanted to see if anyone has heard both and let me know which is louder.

TEAM Member

Default Re: whats louder magnaflow or borla, please read in full

well my brother has the magnaflow and ive heard the svt borla and i think with mods the borla will be more lower pitch cause of the resi.....cause after my brother put on shorty headers there was alot more BUZZ i guess u could say in the magnaflow..but all stock i think the magnaflow is not necessarly louder but a higher pitch sound i hoped this help...

TEAM Member

well my brother has the magnaflow and ive heard the svt borla and i think with mods the borla will be more lower pitch cause of the resi.....cause after my brother put on shorty headers there was alot more BUZZ i guess u could say in the magnaflow..but all stock i think the magnaflow is not necessarly louder but a higher pitch sound i hoped this help...
    sure does, hope more people will throw in their experiences

I think Mikey nailed it. I have the borla on mine, and its a lower pitched growl than the magnaflow. Both of them are pretty quiet though.

yeah all of them are pretty quiet, even with race header on it's super quiet at idle. your not really going to get a loud sounding exhaust unless you buy one renowned for it's Angry Killer Bee noise

What? I have a Borla and it is LOUD!!

Why not go here for more info:

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/s...;page=0#883802

TEAM Member

I have the SVT header with ORP and FR SVT Borla it sounds real good. My wife doesn't mind riding in it now.

TEAM Member

i think with mods the borla will be less loud. I have the SVT borla kit and am getting ready to install a race header. A guy i know has magnaflow with a shorty header and ORP. His car is really loud... never heard just the catback. On my car, the borla was very quiet when i first installed it. As it gets hot it gets louder. Cruising its just a low suttle tone. Its not that loud at all.