Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can I slap you now or later? :lol:

NOS = Nitrous Oxide System, a company that produces nitrous kits. The term "nos" as you used is a fast & furious ricer word.
^ didnt kno i broke some kinda rule by sayin " nos "... dont use it, n rarely even talk about it :dunno:

but i did some research n found that with everything i wanna do to my car ( higher comp pistons, rods, bearings, all the way to the suspension and guages n things ) it would cost as much as the turbo kit alone... im not lookin to make the fastest focus out there, i just want a car thats better than stock n still hav fun drivin it :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
but i did some research n found that with everything i wanna do to my car ( higher comp pistons, rods, bearings, all the way to the suspension and guages n things ) it would cost as much as the turbo kit alone... im not lookin to make the fastest focus out there, i just want a car thats better than stock n still hav fun drivin it :thumbup:
That could be the case if you do the install yourself, but if you are paying for labor to remove, disassemble, reassemble, then reinstall all of those components then you will probably end up paying more for less power. :lol:

If you do some bolt-ons (read: intake, header, exhaust, tune)
suspension (springs and shocks or coilovers)
and maybe a couple other things, your car will be loads of fun and a bit faster than before.
$3000-4000

If you do a turbo and suspension, your car will be a lot faster than before and ridiculously entertaining!
$4000-5000

I think we assumed you were okay with the kind of financial commitment involved with a turbo because you mentioned breaking down the motor and replacing internal components. Unless you have free labor, this means mucho dinero. A turbo kit is all external and a bit more money. Basically 15-25% more money for 4 times the power.

25hp gain N/A
100hp gain turbo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
well put tallguy, i guess thats the kinda answer im lookin for, i did plan on doing the work myself, but didnt kno with just buildin a motor would only be about 25hp gain... but it is wat it is, thanks

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Well, bolt ons will be around that much power. If you built the motor as a serious n/a machine you'd have more, but the return lb your time and money commitment is much less than it would be with the turbo. That's all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Well, bolt ons will be around that much power. If you built the motor as a serious n/a machine you'd have more, but the return lb your time and money commitment is much less than it would be with the turbo. That's all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Also, high compression pistons and long duration cams to make N/A power is going to make the car difficult to drive on the street. It'll be sitting there radical at the light getting horrible mpg. With the turbo kit, I've seen 34mpg+ on the highway when not in boost and I can still drive red light to red light like it was stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have a 2011 focus ses and I want to start a good cheap build for now and eventually I would like to supercharger it anyone have any ideas of what the best first mods should be It’s an automatic to.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts