Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a wheel bearing go out on the left rear wheel - icky grinding noises, it's starting to seize (you can feel it grab), and about 1/4" of play in the wheel. Oh, and the ABS and traction lights are on. Boo.

Looking through posts here I noticed that it seems the rear bearing is only available in a complete hub assembly (YS4Z-1A034-AA) but I searched for that on the Tousley parts site and it doesn't come up.

Help!

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Had a wheel bearing go out on the left rear wheel - icky grinding noises, it's starting to seize (you can feel it grab), and about 1/4" of play in the wheel. Oh, and the ABS and traction lights are on. Boo.

Looking through posts here I noticed that it seems the rear bearing is only available in a complete hub assembly (YS4Z-1A034-AA) but I searched for that on the Tousley parts site and it doesn't come up.

Help!
If you search by part number on the website you need to make sure there's no vehicle information selected.

The hub/bearing is $95.32 or you can get a bearing only for $56.78 and I have it in stock either way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Ordered the whole hub since I think the ABS sensor is shot, too. And I like not having to put a hub in my backpack and bicycle around finding a shop to press the bearing, lol....

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Thanks! Ordered the whole hub since I think the ABS sensor is shot, too. And I like not having to put a hub in my backpack and bicycle around finding a shop to press the bearing, lol....
The hub won't include an ABS tone ring or sensor, If those are damaged you'll have to buy them seperately.

Tone ring P/N 5S4Z*2B384*AA $30.35
Left ABS sensor P/N YS4Z*2C190*CB $36.40

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got my package today, very impressed with the speed. However, the hub was not padded at all and arrived with a damaged water seal carrier:

I had hoped this would be a simple install but now I'm :bang: again. Please advise.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Got my package today, very impressed with the speed. However, the hub was not padded at all and arrived with a damaged water seal carrier:

I had hoped this would be a simple install but now I'm :bang: again. Please advise.

Sorry about that, I just checked the ones on the shelf and they do have fairly thick paper padding in the boxes. We ship a lot of those and I can't recall ever having a damage issue before but anything is possible.

I can't see your pic from work as that site is blocked, I can see Photobucket, flickr and Bing and a few others.

We can swap out the hubs or I can just send you a new water seal carrier.

Just give a call and we'll straighten it out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the photo up on Flickr. I'll give you a call when I'm home later as I'm not sure I have the tools needed to install the carrier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you search by part number on the website you need to make sure there's no vehicle information selected.

The hub/bearing is $95.32 or you can get a bearing only for $56.78 and I have it in stock either way.

You still got these in stock yo? Need some can't find em anywhere and i don't wanna get rid of traction control and abs completely but I can only find normal Zx3 hubs and bearings. Lmk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts