Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Item Description:
Here it is- If you are looking for a turn key, well-built, high horsepower ZX3, this is the one. Everything in the motor has been recently been gone through as of December 2012. Vik at FSWerks torn it down and inspected everything. It’s got a clean bill of health with new maintenance items, sensors, etc. The motor itself was built about 2 yrs ago and had lots of new items installed at that time (timing chain, guides, new valves, etc) when it was done. I had Vik do some work a couple months ago due to some coolant consumption. He milled the head, installed a new head gasket and did a physical inspection of the internals, as well as a compression check and leakdown check. Everything is within spec. I additionally asked him go through the rest of the car and gave him the green light to fix any issues he found. I have receipts for the work performed… it was a little over 3K in parts and labor. You should be able to start this car every morning and just enjoy it. This is a one-owner car as well.

Here is the list of modifications that I remember. I do have receipts for a lot of these things, but perhaps not all. There are of course lots of other things that have been replaced over time (OEM items) that are not listed here.

Engine/Engine Management:
2.3L Duratec Focus ZX3 “S”
387whp/327trq 91/100 mix on a 91 octane map
9.0:1 compression CP pistons
Cosworth intake manifold
Cosworth rod bearings
Eagle rods
Ranger crank
F2 oil baffle
F2 balance shaft delete
Crane stg 1 camshafts
Crane valvesprings
FSWerks Stage 2 turbo kit w/ GT2871R
FSWerks upgraded large front mount intercooler
FSWerks bypass valve
FSWerks 3” downpipe
Tuned by Randy @ FSWerks
60 lb Siemens injectors
2.5” Borla Exhaust
Apexi AVCR electronic boost controller
AEM UEGO wideband gauge
AEM electronic boost gauge

Drivetrain/Brakes:
Exedy Hyper Single clutch
Torsen T2 differential
SVT front and rear brake conversion

Suspension/Chassis:
VF Engineering rear transmission mount
VF Engineering passenger engine mount
Eibach rear Sportline springs
Eibach front Pro-Kit springs
Eibach front and rear Pro-Kit dampers
Moog front sway bar end links
Auto-X ZTS adjustable rear swaybar
Ford Racing adjustable rear subframe
Rear adjustable camber arms
G-Line 17x8 wheels
235-40-17 Dunlop Star Specs

Exterior:
Custom front bumper (shaved)
Eagle Eyes projector headlights w/ custom eyelids
SAP rear bumper
“Cosworth” running door decals
35% tint all around

Interior:
Sparco Fighter seats (driver & passenger)
Sparco Globe-X shift knob
Sparco shift gaiter
Red LED instrument cluster conversion
Instrument tachometer swap (mileage is not accurate)
Custom rear seat delete w/ carpeted parcel floor and hinged shelf
Alpine deck w/ iPod attachement
Pioneer 6x8 speakers

Misc: windshield wipers & motor have been removed (EBC solenoid is mounted in its place)

The bad: NOTHING. This car is 99% perfect. There isn’t even a door ding on it. I use Zaino products on it as well.

Asking Price: $8500

PRICE DROP $7995

Pictures:
See the time stamp on the attached dyno sheet (when I picked it up last from FSWerks)

Girl not included

Some things have changed in the engine bay since this picture

Any questions, feel free to ask. I will tell you anything you want to know about it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Sure, do you have a ESS supercharger for a E9x M3? :p
2. Approx 68K on the chassis, 15K on the motor, and 1k since the teardown.

·
MS Paint PWNS ME!
9,807 Posts
Does the odometer read 68k? Power windows and locks? Clear title, lien on it?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odometer reads 27K. Clean and clear title. No power windows nor locks.. it's the "s" model. Only option is A/C.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
No superchargers here.

Wow. GLWS. I'm stuck on the idea of a RWD car but holy moses, this is the biggest bargain I have ever seen on this (or any) forum.

If someone doesn't snatch it up they are insane.

·
Grassroots Sponsor
245 Posts
Can I come look?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, of course! PM me... I'll be leaving town for a week starting Sunday.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a video of some acceleration. Boost gauge indicated 16-17psi.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Although I like it, it is more than I want to put on my CC right now. Free bump on a very nice car.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Wipers, can they be refitted? Can a non-performance driver drive this? ie a "normal" person and not get themselves in trouble?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes they can. I still have the wiper motor assembly. The boost control solenoid will need to be mounted elsewhere however.

All you would need to do is set the boost controller to run wastegate pressure of around 12 psi until you get used to the power and then move up from there. The car can be a handful if you're not used to it and decide to go balls out right out of the gate. The biggest concern is WOT vehicle passing and torque steer at higher psi. It will get squirrely if you allow it. But, if you keep two hands on the steering wheel you should be okay. I am not a professional driver by any definition.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Oh I can handle it, it would not be for me. I know someone looking for a good mechanically sound vehicle and this is in their budget range. If they agree, I woud probably fly to you and pick it up, drive it to NC and fly back to El Paso. I am just wondering if it is too much for them. About 150hp is all they have driven before. For a school teacher. Currently they are looking at MCS's.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This would undoubtedly be a huge jump. I probably wouldn't suggest it. I'm sure they would be very happy with a MCS- especially since it offers more creature comforts. This car is good for satisfying your speed addiction and not much else.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
OK. See this is what I like about this site.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Drooling over this! Can't wait till work starts up so I have some cash. GLWS though!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts