Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Ford Focus SES, 2008 Ford Focus SE, 96Camaro Z28 SS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to change the driver side cv axle on my 2007 Ford Focus SES myself which I regret now because when I put the inner cv joint in the transmission it didn’t go in all the way, meaning it didn’t push in passed the seal on the spleen & I put it back together & drove it a short way & noticed a noise so I took back apart because I noticed transmission fluid leaking & their was very minimal damage to spleen itself but now problem is I can’t get the inner cv to push into transmission, looking with a flashlight looks like something like a lever or small bar is in the way & won’t let the the inner cv push into transmission, any ideas would be greatly appreciated! PLEASE HELP!
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried to change the driver side cv axle on my 2007 Ford Focus SES myself which I regret now because when I put the inner cv joint in the transmission it didn’t go in all the way, meaning it didn’t push in passed the seal on the spleen & I put it back together & drove it a short way & noticed a noise so I took back apart because I noticed transmission fluid leaking & their was very minimal damage to spleen itself but now problem is I can’t get the inner cv to push into transmission, looking with a flashlight looks like something like a lever or small bar is in the way & won’t let the the inner cv push into transmission, any ideas would be greatly appreciated! PLEASE HELP!
Thanks,
Jeff
I believe that small bar is the pin that holds the spider gears in the differential. It's suppose to be there. Post a pic to see what you are referring to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did take a pic with my iPhone but now it’s not in my picture folder so I will take another one tomorrow morning, just so you know I called a local transmission shop & they said the spider gear needed to be reset whatever that means? THANK YOU for getting back to me! Photo will be uploaded first sign of daylight!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sterlingzx3 your right buddy I measured the length in the tranny & the inner cv spline & thier both 3.25 inches it’s getting stuck on the spline that seals the cv in the tranny, I need another person to help me hold the axle up so I can put the bolt on the outer cv & take a board & a handheld sledgehammer & tap it in, I will let you know how I make out! If you know an easier way PLEASE let me know! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING A NOVICE MECHANIC!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The final resolution to the drive shaft not going into transmission is you have put the axle bolt on flush for outer cv, hold the axle straight & tap it in with a regular hammer, went right in car runs great, no leaks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The final resolution to the drive shaft not going into transmission is you have put the axle bolt on flush for outer cv, hold the axle straight & tap it in with a regular hammer, went right in car runs great, no leaks!!
Glad it worked out. Didn't see your response til today or I would have answered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts