Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had this car since new. It has been to Focus Rising a few times. I have really enjoyed the car for many years.

2 years ago the intake cam slipped causing the pistons to hit some of the intake valves. My thread below documents the process to bring the car back to running condition. The head was machined, new intake/exhaust valves installed and lashed, and high lift springs installed for the stage 2 Massive Speed cams (Crower). I also installed a new timing chain, tensioner, guide, ARP head studs, head gasket, water pump, and friction washers for the cam gears.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-performance-2008-2011/569490-slipped-intake-cam-massive-speed-system-upgrade.html

I have been tuning with Tom (Turbo Tom). We are about 1/2 way through the process. The car runs and drives. I have not yet done any WOT pulls. If you buy this car I will include the XCAL 3 so you can complete the tuning process.

Current status:
The car needs an alignment, a ton of detail work, and final tuning. I have only put about 12 miles on the car since I completed the engine work. I was planning on breaking in the cams before my WOT pulls for Tom.

I am selling the car because I just don't have the time to finish and maintain it anymore. Work, family, and a million other things have kept me from working on it.

Mods:
FSWerks stg 2 turbo kit
Cosworth Intake Manifold
AEM water/meth kit (haven't started any tuning for the kit)
Massive Speed System stg 2 turbo cams
FSWerks 3" downpipe
Turbendz 3" exhaust
FSWerks engine cover
Poly engine mounts
CFM short throw shifter
Exedy stg 2 clutch w/ FSWerks lightweight flywheel
PCV delete
EGR delete
Misimoto catch can (baffled)
Massive Speed upper strut bar
FSWerks lower strut bar
FSWerks rear strut bar
Saleen from sway bar
FRPP rear sway bar
CFM from control arms
HID front headlight conversion
H&R coilover kit w/FSWerks tops hats, camber plates, and linear front springs
I also have a Seibon Carbon hood and Extreme Dimensions splitter that I WILL INCLUDE WITH THE CAR

I asking $8k OBO, please serious offers only. I WILL NOT PART OUT THE CAR. I want to sell it as-is. I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to pull parts from the vehicle. Feel free to send me a PM or contact me at [email protected] I'm located in Elkridge, MD.

I would recommend bringing a trailer or flatbed to take the car home.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts