Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
If it wasn't a lease I would. ;)
I think the clutch is leading to a lot of sluggishness Greg is feeling in first gear and all. He feels as though it's not quick. He swears my car is quicker. Which it might be. :)
A slipping clutch would definitely contribute to sluggishness, especially in high torque situations such as first gear.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Which car has the intake?
The sedan with the dct has the fswerks intake and race exhaust.

The hatchback with the manual has the green filter drop in, but is otherwise stock.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A slipping clutch would definitely contribute to sluggishness, especially in high torque situations such as first gear.
I figured it would too. I am hoping when it comes back we can have a new life to it and it's better.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Car has gone in today. Hopefully in 2 days it comes back renewed. They have me a mustang for a rental.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok finally got the car back.

Slave cylinder was leaking onto clutch causing the slippage. They replaced the Slave cylinder and clutch as well as the rear door latch which wasn't opening from the inside. I love driving this car. It's so much fun!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I never liked the clutch in my car. I hate the clunk I get from a first to second redline shift and the numb feel of the other shifts. It does feel like it slips a little but I think it could be the fly wheel dampening the engagement. It doesnt slip so bad the engine revs though so you could have an issue. Sorry didnt read your update. glad its fixed

·
Registered
389 Posts
I never liked the clutch in my car. I hate the clunk I get from a first to second redline shift and the numb feel of the other shifts. It does feel like it slips a little but I think it could be the fly wheel dampening the engagement. It doesnt slip so bad the engine revs though so you could have an issue. Sorry didnt read your update. glad its fixed

It sounds like you need to upgrade your rear motor mount.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks I am glad to. Some worthy upgrades could help you enjoy the clutch action more. Definitely getting a rear motor mount. Maybe a short shifter or improved shifter bushing

21 - 29 of 29 Posts