Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Headed to my first Ford Nationals on the 6th. Where does Focus Rising set up? I'm not registering for the showfield, but wouldn't mind seeing some nice Foci. The Carlisle website has scant info.

·
Recaros for Corbeaus and Boyds!
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
We're not sure yet. It all depends on how many people register as to where we get setup and how big of a space we get. We will however have the biggest tent(From winning largest club) and I'm pretty sure it's white/Green(i can't remember) but that's where we'll all be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We're not sure yet. It all depends on how many people register as to where we get setup and how big of a space we get. We will however have the biggest tent(From winning largest club) and I'm pretty sure it's white/Green(i can't remember) but that's where we'll all be.
Thanks, I'm having the FRPP tune done at the event and am looking forward to seeing y'all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Long time "lurker" on this site (since 2006) and frequent user of the information. Finally decided with persuasion from my son, to come out this year and meet a few other Focus nuts. Saw some comments about the hotel being full, just called and made reservations tonight, quoted focus rising and got the discount rate. So maybe more rooms have opened up?

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
No, it's probably booked up besides our block of rooms and people forget to mention "Focus Rising" specifically. Also, a lot of times the employees have no idea because theres such high rates of turnover in that business in the off season.

-Matt

·
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Reservations for Focus Rising were only supposed to be accepted until May 5th, then whatever was left was open to the general public. So what Matt said might be true. If 1 person calls, the Focus Rising portion might be booked, but another person is probably a moron and let someone book it, which is okay by us.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wait.. You're not going to be on the showfield with your car, but your is somehow getting tuned at the event? I'm pretty sure you need to register to get onto the grounds with a vehicle.

-Matt
What this guy said. You won't be able to get your car onto the show field unless you are registered, either as a participant or a vendor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What this guy said. You won't be able to get your car onto the show field unless you are registered, either as a participant or a vendor.
This is what I can't figure out. It is not decipherable from the Carlisle website what exactly needs to be done. A coworker of mine who attends a lot of events at this site tells me that I can "pay a deposit" to enter at Gate 3, and that I can get that back when I leave. That doesn't really make sense, as there's nothing to keep my from parking my car on the showfield (I think). It is very frustrating, the lack of information available.

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
This is what I can't figure out. It is not decipherable from the Carlisle website what exactly needs to be done. A coworker of mine who attends a lot of events at this site tells me that I can "pay a deposit" to enter at Gate 3, and that I can get that back when I leave. That doesn't really make sense, as there's nothing to keep my from parking my car on the showfield (I think). It is very frustrating, the lack of information available.
There is no such thing, you are talking to the guy that runs the show. You register for the showfield if you want to park at the show, there is no on-grounds parking and certainly no deposit taken. You pay the price to enter at the registration building, you attend the show, and that's it. Not sure what is unclear but there is nothing setup like what your coworker is saying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. What's unclear is that there is "showfield registration". I don't want to "register" to "show", I just want to patronize a vendor. It would be clearer to a newb like me if the cost of getting in the gate with your car was called something else. Especially since as (I understand it) I can park elsewhere and pay much less if I just want to walk around. But I can't even find what the one day walk around price is, only the $27 (IIRC) multi-day pass.

There is an area on the map specifically called "Showfield". I don't want to go there, just the Midway.

Not griping, just trying to offer suggestions on how to clarify things for first timers.

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
I think it's pretty self explanatory and never has been a problem. There is VERY limited space on the showfield. This is why they register every car that plans to be anywhere on the grounds. Most people don't just show up to get a tune or whatever. They show their car, regardless of condition, and do whatever else because the vendors give you a time where they do whatever they're doing to the car. You don't just pick when. This is how almost every big show is ran. There's only so much room on the grounds. Its way less of a hassle to park on the showfield as well because you will not find parking anywhere close to the showfield unless your get there way before the gates open.

-Matt

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. What's unclear is that there is "showfield registration". I don't want to "register" to "show", I just want to patronize a vendor. It would be clearer to a newb like me if the cost of getting in the gate with your car was called something else. Especially since as (I understand it) I can park elsewhere and pay much less if I just want to walk around. But I can't even find what the one day walk around price is, only the $27 (IIRC) multi-day pass.

There is an area on the map specifically called "Showfield". I don't want to go there, just the Midway.

Not griping, just trying to offer suggestions on how to clarify things for first timers.
Yeah but you still have to pay to park outside the venue, whether it be an official lot or someones front yard. There is no on-grounds parking anywhere onsite unless you pay for a vendor space, car corral space, or showfield registration. That is why you won't see a 1-Day Pass shown for any on-grounds parking as there is none.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I booked my room last week and got the FocusRising rate. Anyone that would like to split the room can PM me.

Since this is my first time going, actually first major car show, any tips on what to bring while at the show or what for cleaning the car before hand. I am coming from about 8 hours away and crossing the border, so I am trying to keep things to a minimum

·
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
A chair is really all you need for the fairgrounds, as far as car cleaning stuff it all depends on what you want to bring. There is a car wash that we all usually go to, and there's wash bays at the fairgrounds, and I think they're giving us a hose to wash our cars at the hotel.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts