Ford Focus Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
I booked my room last week and got the FocusRising rate. Anyone that would like to split the room can PM me.

Since this is my first time going, actually first major car show, any tips on what to bring while at the show or what for cleaning the car before hand. I am coming from about 8 hours away and crossing the border, so I am trying to keep things to a minimum
Bring what you'd normally bring on a 4-5 day vacation for necessities (clothes, bathroom/cosmetic stuff, etc.) Then, what strays from what you'd usually bring on a vacation is tools, maybe a jack stand, a chair for the snowfield, car wash stuff, microfibers, and the most important thing.... Quick detailer :lol:.

-Matt

·
Registered
991 Posts
WAAAA!!! Forum time again; sup 'yall. Working... yup.

Hey. Have an RS pic and cheer up!

·
Recaros for Corbeaus and Boyds!
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
No stickers were made... But next year there will be for 1000% certain... We're already planning it to be better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. What's unclear is that there is "showfield registration". I don't want to "register" to "show", I just want to patronize a vendor. It would be clearer to a newb like me if the cost of getting in the gate with your car was called something else. Especially since as (I understand it) I can park elsewhere and pay much less if I just want to walk around. But I can't even find what the one day walk around price is, only the $27 (IIRC) multi-day pass.

There is an area on the map specifically called "Showfield". I don't want to go there, just the Midway.

Not griping, just trying to offer suggestions on how to clarify things for first timers.
Sorry for the very late bump in the thread, but just to follow up:

Yes, you can patronize a vendor (FORD via Fred Beans) without paying registration. It's a PITA explaining your situation to 4 or 5 different people at the gate and registration desk, but as long as you are set up ahead of time with an appointment, it works. Very much enjoying my FRPP tune and CAI. The folks from Fred Beans were cool to me & my sons, and it cost me nothing (save frustration) to enter.

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
Sorry for the very late bump in the thread, but just to follow up:

Yes, you can patronize a vendor (FORD via Fred Beans) without paying registration. It's a PITA explaining your situation to 4 or 5 different people at the gate and registration desk, but as long as you are set up ahead of time with an appointment, it works. Very much enjoying my FRPP tune and CAI. The folks from Fred Beans were cool to me & my sons, and it cost me nothing (save frustration) to enter.
To an extent that is true. There are only a few vendors that have that capability. Ford & A&A Auto Part Installs are the only ones that allow this. You must be on a Will Call List from them and it is meant for only one person for entry and that car during it's install time. Likewise post the install the vehicle must be removed from the show grounds unless it has a showfield pass. It's is not meant to act as a free pass into the show nor is it to be used to bring additional people into the show that are not directly involved in the installation process. Basically saying you must be on their list or you will be denied entry without a showfield pass. Just clearing this up before everyone thinks it's a free-for-all.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts