Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some input. FSWerks, you guys made 396whp with an internally gated GT2871R right? I'm wondering if that envelope could be pushed to make 420-430whp with a T25 inlet?

I like the idea of the T25-EWG-44 turbine housing which has a T25 inlet to fit the FSWerks manifold, T25 5-bolt downpipe pattern to fit the FSWerks downpipe, but can be order for anything from a GT28 up to a GT35R. It's also fitted for a 44mm external wastegate and is sold for around $300.

Ok, now here's what I'm looking for. See the graph below that I made in open office. I don't want to upgrade the fuel pump/system for quite a while so the goal here is around 420whp max to stay within the limits of the stock pump. I'm not sure what turbo I'd want to go with to achieve this. What I want is almost equal torque to hp, hitting 400-420wtq at 20+psi by 5k rpm and then use the tune to back it down from there as rpm rises so that it maintains a steady 420-430whp from 5-7k rpm. This would give me a broad powerband to work with, the T25 would give me quick spool, and I wouldn't be falling out of boost when I shift either.

Option 1: GTX2867R and spin the **** out of it! lol Would definitely spool quick but would it still be breathing at 7k rpm? It's proven to be capable of 400+whp.

Option 2: Go cheaper with a journal bearing 60-1 with a stage 3 turbine wheel (or the Precision billet wheel equivalent). Would easily make 400+whp but would the spool response be there?

Option 3: You tell me.

The engine build will be 10:1 compression with my current 228 @ .050 cams.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I think it might be possible to get 420 WHP with the T25 and the GTX2867R. Right on the edge of being possible, but we won't know now that the car is being parted out. I would have loved to have pushed the car again with the 3" DP and the extra knowledge I have now.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I think it might be possible to get 420 WHP with the T25 and the GTX2867R. Right on the edge of being possible, but we won't know now that the car is being parted out. I would have loved to have pushed the car again with the 3" DP and the extra knowledge I have now.
parted.. bummer. doesn't the car have a crusher title? is that where it's headed after its been fully parted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts