Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to everyone who made Focus Rising '13 such a huge success. Without their help we couldn't have pulled off such a great event and capture 1st Place in the Carlisle Ford Nationals Club Challenge. Jason and I are very humbled by what everyone who attended were able to help us accomplish in our first year as organizers. All of you are why we do it.

I would like to personally thank the following people:

My co-organizer, Jason (Ataru). This event simply would not have come together at all without his tremendous help and dedication. And, when his friend became seriously ill at the show, Jason made sure he got the medical attention he needed. And, stayed with him for many hours at the hospital, missing much of the show. Loyalty doesn't begin to describe this guy. I'm proud to call him a friend.

Ken (kenzx3), Founder of Focus Rising, for all of the help and inspiration. Carlisle is lucky to have you now.
Mary (Party_Chick), you my dear are a rock star. This southern belle took on everything that was thrown her way, with charm. I owe you big time!
Jeremy (slocussvt), for not only having an awesome girlfriend, but pitching in wherever, and whenever, needed.
Joseph (Egz), the Swiss Army Knife at the event. Give him a job, he gets it done, with military precision.
Karl (Troyftw), for willing to do whatever was necessary and for procuring large quantities of food for the troops.

And many others that helped out, in planning, and on-site:

Mike (Wobb)
John (slipster17)
Rachel (G_Wagen)
Matt (Shocktech102)
Mike (Ahuzen)

If I've forgotten anyone, I apologize. So many people pitched in to help that it was hard to keep track. But, please know that I appreciate all the help more than you can imagine.

And last, but certainly not least, our sponsors and partners, who provided fantastic support:

Raffi, Randy and Vik at FSWerks for their unwavering commitment to the cause.
John at Ford Racing for all of his tremendous help, great ideas and enthusism.
Leo and the entire Capaldi Racing Team for their continued support of the Focus community.
Tony at TMoore Graphics for the awesome event illustration and giveaways.
Travis at Dream Detail for stepping up big, even though he had just signed on as a sponsor.
Sue and Angie at Tire Rack for hooking us up with some great swag and giveaways.
Chad and William at ST Nation for helping get the word out to many of those that were new to the Focus.

We are already beginning to plan next year's event and have some new and exciting ideas. Hope to see you there. Stay tuned!

Many, many thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Had an awesome time Ron, and you guys did a fantastic job planning and putting on the event! I would love to help out in any way possible for next year so if you need more help, let me know!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Ron and the rest of the guys did a fantastic job this year and all of us a had blast. Hopefully next year Kayla and I can stay Sunday the rest of the activities.

Tim

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Its always a pleasure to help out at events like this. When Jason had more important matters to take care of, I was happy to step in and help in what little that I could. Plus it was amazing on how generous everyone was, between chipping in for food on Saturday without batting an eye, and providing the moral support for Vic with the banner and the show related items. Really proud of everyone!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank you Ron, I had a blast at my first Focus Rising meet. It was very cool meeting you and everyone else. After seeing some neat cars I have now been inspired to do more to my vehicle other then the stereo system. Hope to see everyone again next year.

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
Its always a pleasure to help out at events like this. When Jason had more important matters to take care of, I was happy to step in and help in what little that I could. Plus it was amazing on how generous everyone was, between chipping in for food on Saturday without batting an eye, and providing the moral support for Vic with the banner and the show related items. Really proud of everyone!
Same here. I was glad to help out with planning and organizing, then execution when it came time. I agree Egz, the amount of generosity this year was amazing even from the broke-ass kids such as myself. Can't wait to help out again next year.

-Matt

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glad I was able to help! This year was another great event as always!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and throw my thanks in here too. When I went to the ER, I thought for sure my weekend was over. I wouldn't get to experience any of the fun and I wouldn't get to hang out with all the cool kids.

How wrong I was. I was amazed at the genuine concern that was given to my situation by everyone. The fact that Jason gave up so much of his Saturday to stay with me after planning this event for so long......there's just no way to repay something like that. There are no "fakes" in this group. A lot of people went above and beyond to make me feel a part of Focus Rising, even though I was in a hospital bed. I have so much respect for all of you, and I'm proud to call each and every one of you my friend.

What comes around goes around and I won't forget what everyone did for me.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I want to thank everyone for another FANTASTIC FR. Of course this one has to be better than last year since I was only in Carlisle for MAYBE 24 hours.. I want to thank everyone who caravanned in and out with me for making the drive.... in the rain..... and traffic.. that much more exciting... I want to thank everyone behind the curtains of the FR event.. You guys did an amazing job at putting things together, keeping people occupied, there were no boring times at Carlisle. I want to thank EVERYONE in attendance, you all are great people to talk with, be around and enjoy some cars and brews with..

I can NOT wait for next year.. I WILL still have my car and hopefully she will look much better than she did this year.

I <3 you all.

P.S. It's great that your feeling better Vic.. I still feel bad that I didn't take you back to the hotel when you were looking for a ride. But, in the end, Its probably best you went straight to the Hospital.. =)

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, now that I am able to get on!!

You're most welcome Ron, I was just glad I could be there to be able to help you. It was a pleasure helping you and everyone else still enjoy their FR13 festivities. I look forward to being part of everything again, and working towards making next year even better!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just found this so decided ill post up somethin.

This was my first yr at FR and will not be my last. I had a blast hanging with everyone late at night in the parking lot of hotel. I never in my mind could of thought that it was a cool as it turned put to be. My car was half way put togethure and somewhat cleaned. Next yr i do plan to actually autocross with my car and bring beer to. Thanks to everyone who did somethin to put FR togethure and help in be as cool as it was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts