Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I have been searching for two days straight now and can't seem to find an answer that I understand. I have a 2005 ford focus zx4 with I believe is a 2.0L duratec. My a/c compressor pulley is bad and I just wanna take the whole compressor out because the a/c has never worked since I bought the car over 2 years ago. I can't seem to find anything about an A/C bypass pulley for this car so I assume there isnt on. All i cant find are ones for the zetec. I keep reading things about buying an idler pulley and a belt for the version of my car without a/c. However I can't seem to find that car anywhere. Nor can i even find the belt diagram for it. I can find the diagram for the one with a/c but not for the one without. Again all i seem to find is stuff over the zetec and not the duratec. I really to get this fixed before it goes completely out or the belt breaks. This is my only vehicle and my wife needs it to get to work which is 40 minutes away from our apartment. I cant afford to buy a new compressor so a delete/bypass is my only option. Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read that already. But, when I Google the part number all I see is the belt I already have on my car. Also, I don't understand how I would even mount that idler pulley in place of the AC compressor. It's not very descriptive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts