Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So because I get bored with cars very quickly, I decided that I was going to venture out of my comfort zone and get a car that's older than I am. Ever since riding in a friends S52 swapped BMW e30 I've had the urge to get one and have made it my summer goal. With cheap old cars comes super crapy seats so my first purchase for the car (which I don't even have yet) is a Sparco fixed back bucket seat (transaction in progress). So that got me thinking about putting it in the focus for fun and really seeing how it can handle with me snug as a mug. My main concern is finding a way to not have any SRS faults seeing as I'd like to still have my face in case a squirrel decides to double back into the highway and I crash. If anyone has any insights on how this would be accomplished it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Im looking into the same thing mainly, to sit lower because the car is a mile off the ground.

The seats do not have airbags correct? If not, it should be a simple swap (plug in seat belt sensors and that crap).

The bigger issue I see as of now is the mounting hardware. Does anyone make brackets or, are we going to need them made by a local shop?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just informed that the seats I was going to purchase were steel frame. Yeah, not happening. I thought they were fiberglass. But yes the seats do have airbags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, that is bummer now... Isn't it.

Looks like I need to go talk to the Mustang people to see how they got around it if, they have airbags in those seats as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts