Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are any Coasties in here. I'm in the process of joining the USCG and am wondering what people's experiences were like at Cape May. It's taken me forever to get a MEPS appointment though(going on 1 year since I first set foot in the recruiter's office). He's been a great help, it's just the doc's at MEPS have been a pain in the ass. If all goes well, I hope to be in Cape May before winter is over.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
You know I have thought about joining the USCG for about 7 years and retiring. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
jinstall said:
You know I have thought about joining the USCG for about 7 years and retiring. Let me know how it goes.
you do realize I will firebomb your house right?

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
LOL Go for it I am leaving it on Tuesday. Come on how hard could it be riding in a boat up and down the Florida coast?

·
Registered
361 Posts
you say that until you get stuck in alaska rescuing crab fisherman...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I dunno, I'd do it. It's a chance to get stationed in California :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
USCG checking in here.:arr: Been at it for 21 years. I've had one heck of a time. I've been all over the place; from Boston to Key West, Puerto Rico, California, New Orleans too. Now I'm up here on the Lakes in Cleveland. I'm thinking about making it a career (joke). Do you have any specific questions? Jokes are welcome, too - I've heard 'em all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AHHH!!! It's all Boaties in here... I know it has been a couple years since anyone has wandered into this dusty thread but, if anyone runs across it and is considering going into the CG, go aviation. Boat life blows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts