Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So was just wondering if theres gonna be a meet or a drive anytime soon? Weathers getting sexy here, its time we takes our babes for a ride in the sun...lemme know details if theres one organised already...or lets get one organized:):arr:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard about the meet at Dasilva racing. I live in sauga, so defenitely want to check it out. Is it just a Focus meet or anybody who wants a dyno run really? and it wud be SWEET if all the focii could go for a cruise later in the evening!! Hopefully the word gets spread around and people stick around later...

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Is it just a Focus meet or anybody who wants a dyno run really?
The down payment deadline made it seem like it was just us. Hopefully GFXjamie will chime in.

and it wud be SWEET if all the focii could go for a cruise later in the evening!! Hopefully the word gets spread around and people stick around later...
We just need to make it happen. I'm sure there will be people that have a lengthy drive home or need to get up early the next morning, but we NEED a 401 cruise.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Cruising on a really busy highway like the 401 (even on a small stretch) gets awfully hard. You'll have more success if you scope out some decent set of roads where people can be a bit more relaxed behind the wheel with a bit less traffic.

Besides, ever since that one MINI club got hammered by the OPP, I think people are a bit more hesitant to do any sort of official "cruise".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the 401 gets nasty only during rush hours, but we could do some smaller highway cruises for sure...like 401 to 427N n then 409E n bak onto 401 ...thats a really nice strip of highway, gets past the clogged spots of 401 around mississauga, and joins 401 near hwy 400. HWY400 N which is again a SWEEt strip of tar to be cruising on. The mini guys got hammed there, but only like 3 out of a hundreddd of them were charged...charges were for doing 50 over..n there some other smaller speeding tickets given...so i think it was those drivers' faults, wasnt really the fact a enthusiast group was cruising on the highway and were causing trouble.
So if people just stay in control, follow the pilot in the convoy, and not do anything stupid, there is no way any law enforcement agency can stop or hinder out paths:)

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
I hadn't heard about the MINI club and I wasn't implying we do anything stupid. It seems like you guys know the area quite well, so maybe we could just find a spot to cruise to and hang out (restaurant?). It's looking like I will not even have my ZX3 tagged, so we may show up in my wife's Sante Fe. Too bad DaSilva doesn't have an AWD dyno!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
the dyno is open still for people who want to get on the rollers and throw down some numbers, the deposits were required to secure our spot at dasilva and we needed 10. we have about 15 deposits for it and that doesnt include the guys from northern ontario that are coming down. we will be having a cruise and bbq after i do believe, best bet is to check out focuscanada.net and take a look at the thread there for the best up to date info as i dont come into regional section to often.

cheers guys!

also as far as meets go, we have bi weekly meets at dixie/aimco tim hortons beside the staples. there wil be another happening on the 14th from usually 7pm til whenever you want to go. usually go to 9 but sometimes until 10.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Exactly what Jamie said about Masiv Monday. June 14th at the corner of Dixie & Aimco in Mississauga, next to the Staples building. We usually get around 10 or so cars plus all the Mazda 3 boys. You are more than welcome to join in the fun.

The next meet following that will be the 28th in the same location.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Anything near vancouver by chance? I'm from Seattle but I think it would be cool to meet focus owners from Canada. Let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts