Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
I need to check that these are the same classes for 2014,but here are the main car show awards:

2000-2007 FOCUS HATCHBACK - MODIFIED
2000-2007 FOCUS SEDAN / WAGON - MODIFIED
2002-2004 FOCUS SVT
FOCUS SPECIAL INTEREST (ROUSH, SALEEN, MACH, KONA, ETC...)
2000-2007 FOCUS ALL - STOCK
2008-2011 FOCUS
2012+ FOCUS
2013+ FOCUS ST
FIESTA

Finest Five of Focus Rising x5
Finest Five Winner

Dyno day:
Highest HP Naturally Aspirated
Highest HP Forced Induction

·
Registered
392 Posts
Limbo too (if we do it this year). Best interior, I.C.E, wheels, engine, etc. are nice to have too because it should get everyone to step up their setups but at the same time, not a lot of people will do extreme changes each year.

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
Limbo too (if we do it this year). Best interior, I.C.E, wheels, engine, etc. are nice to have too because it should get everyone to step up their setups but at the same time, not a lot of people will do extreme changes each year.
But those that do should be rewarded, I concur on the additionals Jeremy stated

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
I really don't want a ton of awards. I don't want it to seem like everyone gets an award, or have one person win 4 or 5 awards. If a car is going to win that many awards, they will likely be in the finest 5 anyways, and that should be a bigger acknowledgement.

Car Show:
2000-2007 FOCUS HATCHBACK - MODIFIED
2000-2007 FOCUS SEDAN / WAGON - MODIFIED
2002-2004 FOCUS SVT
FOCUS SPECIAL INTEREST (ROUSH, SALEEN, MACH, KONA, ETC...)
2000-2007 FOCUS ALL - STOCK
2008-2011 FOCUS
2012+ FOCUS
2013+ FOCUS ST
FIESTA

Finest Five of Focus Rising x5
Finest Five Winner​

I want to also do a couple of attendee pick classes to get people involved and to look at all the cars.
FR Attendee Pick - Everyone with a car in the judging can vote for their favorite
FR Ladies Pick - Open to ladies who attend the event with their significant others.​

Dyno day:
Highest HP Naturally Aspirated
Highest HP Forced Induction​

Limbo:
Lowcus Limbo winner. Just one class again this year for all cars. Just for fun.​

Sponsor Picks:
One award for each sponsor, or each sponsor who contributes over a certain amount.​

Autocross:
Novice: First timers only
Mk1 Focus: All
Fiesta: All
2013+ Focus ST & Fiesta ST​

Longest Distance Award

So far that is 25 awards plus whatever sponsor awards we have.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Forgot best female ride award

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I also agree with Jeremy/ken on the addition of some of the awards noted. There are certain awards that have always been around and cutting them now doesn't make any sense. Not to mention attendance is increasing every year, so decreasing the amount of awards or variety of them like we have had in previous years doesn't seem to make sense.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
These show awards we also gave out last year:

Engine Bay
Paint
Exterior
Interior
Wheels
ICE
OEM+
Beater
Conversion
Race-Prepped *
Boost
Stance
Theme
Game Changer
Longest Distance

That's another 14 awards. With those we are up to over 40 awards given away between every event. Pretty soon this will be like kindergarten where "everyone gets an award for participating".

We don't have to do things the same every year. You want to change things up some and make it fresh. That's why I'm looking at removing many of the awards for areas of the car and try something different. Also, if we go with fewer awards we can afford to give out some nice trophies than what we have in the past years.

I'd love to get everyone's input in here. Jamie, Ken, Jeremy, thank you for yours. What does everyone else think? What are some ideas for other awards we can give out other than those extra 14 above to reduce the overall count, or should we keep it the same again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Seems like a lot of awards. Don't know where I would cut if cuts are to be made. Re the autocross, I'd suggest separate class for ST's not put all 12 and ups in one category. The ST's did very well there last year so maybe a fastest ST award for the autocross

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
If you are to cut any awards.... The new pick awards you put on there. We can all vote through the regular Carlisle awards which is the same thing but without a focus rising award. ICE seems to be something the focus crowd doesn't get into as much with the screens and big stereos and could be included as criteria for interior best of.

You also mentioned about people getting all the awards. I was going to say if you are chosen as finest five, that should be your award aside from maybe winning your body/year class. Clearly you have a top level car. Think of it like that toddlers and tiaras show, they pull for a "higher title" and leave the lower awards for others to be won.

Beater award I would cut along with race prepped. There just isn't enough people doing race prepped and it's a car show so don't bring a beater and get a reward for it.

Just some more suggestions to be taken into consideration here.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Too many and confusing autocross classes last year based on modifications. I just want to break it down to models this year. I actually forgot the 12+ Focus on there, that was supposed to be the STs in there own class.

So:
Novice
00-14 Focus except 13+ ST
13+ Focus ST and Fiesta ST
Fiesta

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
One last thing to, for people to be apart of the focusrising awards and event, I think should be there for both awards ceremony and show. There have been a few times where winners were not even present and just showed up and went home after the showfield. Not really what it is all about. I'm sure most know what I'm talking about without naming names.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Exactly. The cars that win finest five are the best 5 cars there. You don't want people walking away with a arm full of awards so this would limit that for the top level cars aside from their body style/year award which still shows they are the best of that car for instance. Just an idea

1 - 20 of 59 Posts