Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys Bryan and I have been kicking around the idea of him using my slicks at the track and we did it. He came down from Orlando today and we went to Bradenton motorsports park. We put on the slicks and got more then we hoped for. His basically stock duratec with a 75 shot went 13.22. we were super impressed

Breakdown of the slip

60ft -------------- 1.862
1/8 mile --------- 8.466
1/8 mile mph --- 83.14
1/4 mile -------- 13.228
1/4 mile mph -- 102.99

Heres the vid of the fastest pass

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
That's a great time for your mods. You're nipping at my heels. lol The slicks are addicting. Being able to just drop the clutch from the line and move out is a ton of fun. Just be thoughtful of the axles though.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL i hope you dont just drop the clutch, ik when i was showing bryan he doesnt drop the clutch either. he was nailing 1.8 60ft with out a 2-step too

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I was dropping the clutch from the 2 step and spinning the slicks to a 1.9 60ft. I had one time where I hooked perfectly for a 1.79 60ft and let off at the end to keep from breaking out (bracket racing) I coasted to a 13.10 @ 99mph. lol What size slicks was he running and is he still open diff?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
So if I already have a d23 every bolt on plus crane stage 2 cams do you think my car would be capable of 12's with slicks?

I'm already trapping 97-98mph but lack of slicks is abdolutely killing my 60ft.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So if I already have a d23 every bolt on plus crane stage 2 cams do you think my car would be capable of 12's with slicks?

I'm already trapping 97-98mph but lack of slicks is abdolutely killing my 60ft.
Kinda tuff to say, you may get some low 13s. and your true mph wont show until your on slicks.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
^That explains alot. I'm on stock suspension minus Eibach springs. He probably has alot less weight transfer off the front wheels with the coilovers making for a better launch. I need to start upgrading suspension.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Naw I didn't like the way the d2 launched. Way to stiff all around. I think he would go faster on some looser springs. The car was a little to solid

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your right. But too much is just as bad. His front was stupid stiff also.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts