Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some issues with my rebel XSi not having the correct exposure even when I use a speed lite/flash the problem started after I accidentally bumped my camera lens on the corner of a doorway. The camera was working fine then after taking 5 pictures with the speed lite the rest of the images came out extremely under expose. The speed lite has to issue I tried it on my back up camera and it works perfectly, the lens also works fine, which leads me to believe that the body some how got fubard but hopefully it's repairable. Has any one had this issue before?

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
So you tried the lens and flash on other bodies and they all work great? Sounds like it would be an issue with the body, possibly the contacts? Is it possible you changed a setting?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the lens and flash works fine on the other body. I did a " clear setting" on the camera and still did the same thing, it seems like it only does it with the external flash but with the pop up it works perfectly fine.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's on manual with a 200 ISO 5.6fstop and the speed lite sync with the camera at 1/125, this was before I bumped the lens on the door. Now with the same setting I have to set the shutter speed at 1/8 or slower to get the exposure to where it's just right. That same set up has to be done even w/o the speed lite even if the room is well lit or even when I'm outside with day light.

·
9,786 Posts
Have you tried other lenses on the "broken" body? Does it do the same thing?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I've swapped the lenses from one body to the other and got the same result on the XSi body

·
9,786 Posts
So is the problem following the lense or the body? Your last post confused me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts