Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm getting heat from the folks at work since the car's been in-op over a month...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Are you able to run the car for codes? I didn't see that asked yet, I figured I'd ask
It's unable to establish communication through the OBD port, but the test mode yielded a p262 fault code. I used a co-worker's Ford Stars login to look into the code and came up with zilch. Google results point at low voltage to the PCM, though. I'm pushing the damn thing into and out of my bay every afternoon trying to get somewhere on this (I'm new; I don't know what to do!). The new harness for the pos+ and neg- came in so I'm cleaning and scuffing all the grounds I'm having to reinstall, plus looking at everything on the way back in to check for anomalies. The new cable that goes to the alternator is WAAAAAY longer than the one I removed, so rerouting it has been fun... and trying to remember what connected where from taking it apart a week ago!

I have to go in this weekend and get it reassembled so I can go over everything again and retest it. I also have a coworker that's going to help me run through the pinpoint tests... and I never did back-probe the PCM (out of fear of a burned-up module), so I need to assure myself the voltage is getting there and possibly not getting out. That may save some time in the rest of the wiring!

I keep this thing off the road for winters and I'm missing all this great weather: Eff, this sucks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's unable to establish communication through the OBD port, but the test mode yielded a p262 fault code. I used a co-worker's Ford Stars login to look into the code and came up with zilch. Google results point at low voltage to the PCM, though. I'm pushing the damn thing into and out of my bay every afternoon trying to get somewhere on this (I'm new; I don't know what to do!). The new harness for the pos+ and neg- came in so I'm cleaning and scuffing all the grounds I'm having to reinstall, plus looking at everything on the way back in to check for anomalies. The new cable that goes to the alternator is WAAAAAY longer than the one I removed, so rerouting it has been fun... and trying to remember what connected where from taking it apart a week ago!

I have to go in this weekend and get it reassembled so I can go over everything again and retest it. I also have a coworker that's going to help me run through the pinpoint tests... and I never did back-probe the PCM (out of fear of a burned-up module), so I need to assure myself the voltage is getting there and possibly not getting out. That may save some time in the rest of the wiring!

I keep this thing off the road for winters and I'm missing all this great weather: Eff, this sucks!
Did you ever find a solution to your problem? i am having the same issue with the dashes, ive checked every ground and and connector i can find. Would pats being set active make the dashes appear?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a solution to your problem? i am having the same issue with the dashes, ive checked every ground and and connector i can find. Would pats being set active make the dashes appear?
I had this problem recently everything was good as far as grounds and fuses I had to order a new ecm that's what mine was it fried starts right up after you program your keys

41 - 45 of 45 Posts