Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically, the 2.0L trannies WILL bolt up to the 2.3L engine??

I know that's what I just asked, but there's a lot of money involved here...

Thanks

Lamar

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
Duratec will bolt up to Duratec just fine...blocks are the same...

Zetec WILL NOT bolt up, and visa-versa...

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
That's correct. FocusSport answered this very question for me. They are currently running a transmition that came on a D2.0 on their D2.3 right now.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
Why stop at 3.82s? If you're going so far as to do a trans swap... just have the 4.06's put in while you've got the spare out of the engine bay.

GOD if I could find a reasonably priced duratec mtx-75... I'd be doing this myself already.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oreo said:
Why stop at 3.82s? If you're going so far as to do a trans swap... just have the 4.06's put in while you've got the spare out of the engine bay.

GOD if I could find a reasonably priced duratec mtx-75... I'd be doing this myself already.
Believe me, I've thought of that, but as someone who drives roughly 25k miles a year, not too sure if it's worth my engine revving so high on the freeway (about 4k at 80mph in fifth).

I have found 05 MTX-75s for around 450, but with a clutch/flywheel, I could have someone take apart my trans for about the same money, and since it's apart, I could see how the synchros are doing, so I probably won't even buy a transmission for the gearing change...

Lamar

·
Formerly focus_wrc
7,422 Posts
^^ Lamar if you have the money just do every together if you dont just get FS clutch and flywheel.

Do the gears when you plan to put the LSD in.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not getting an LSD, can't justify spending the money on this car.

I'm still just a broke college student, that's not trying to go into too much debt here...:lol:

I pretty much have decided everything in terms of the driveline, but I wanted to know you guys' opinion on, well, better start a new thread.

Lamar

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
Well... if you're a college student you're already in debt! :lol: So what's a tad bit more onto the lump for the sake of enjoying this time in your life?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oreo said:
Well... if you're a college student you're already in debt! :lol: So what's a tad bit more onto the lump for the sake of enjoying this time in your life?

That's quite a point...Damn you!!!

Lamar

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you know someone looking for a Duratec MTX-75, I have one for cheap. Came out of an '05 ST. Comes with a low mileage clutch, pressure plate. Might have the flywheel still attached. Trans still has the throwout bearing/slave cylinder. $150 for everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts