Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EBC Brakes are pleased to announce their next ‘Pads giveaway’

We are once again offering one set of free front or rear brake pads (Greenstuff, Redstuff, Yellowstuff or Bluestuff) to a randomly selected forum user who tells us about ‘The one person (dead or alive) they would love to meet and why’.

Perhaps you have already been lucky enough to meet your hero, and if so, why not share a photo with us if you can.

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 31st July 2021 and details will be posted on this forum.
Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.

Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, remember EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER

This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

We will also send some EBC free gifts to a chosen participant along the way.

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake discs and pads for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I started with focuses back in 2008.
I was initialy impressed with these little cars once I found out how great they were
Handling braking ect and relative low maintenance.

Then I started to researching the history the SVT with its cosworth designed engine. The Duratec focuses with their trio of Ford Mazda and cosworth design
I always loved the history behind cosworth (even before focuses knowing how they co developed the first quad cam v8's ect)
And the stories behind it growing up playing with v8 ford cylinder heads in the garage that my dad would bring home and teach me how to do a valve job ect from a young age.

I know this will ring true for alot us us but even before the movie for me
the grit and determination of ken miles, his balls to the walls mentality and refusal to give up is inspirational to any of us in the car scene and shows that with enough determination anyone can do anything in life. He is someone i admire and if i could go back in time to meet him i would.

Plus with companies like EBC continually sponsoring race events from rally to bike racing helping other achive thier very own goals its heartwarming in this day and age to see motorsport get pushed to its boundaries and exceded time and time again.

Also thank you to not giving up on forums like this even if to most it seems like a dying breed. We still exist and cherish these old forums and recall back to them at group events check on them and see what else we could learn from them still.

Picture of ken and my 2005 focus st with the cosworth package and replica cosworth badging
Adorned to the trunk lid. (old bage it came with was broken)
And in the background my SVT focus many will know as steve ford parts old svt thats been in this forum since before i was old enough to drive.

i drove my ST with my buddies to the movie when it came out. And upon leaving i felt like i was driving a peice of history because of its conection with two companies i hold close to my heart <3

Rest in peace Ken you are not Forgotten and the world will always remember the drive of those who loved cars as much as we do.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started with focuses back in 2008.
I was initialy impressed with these little cars once I found out how great they were
Handling braking ect and relative low maintenance.

Then I started to researching the history the SVT with its cosworth designed engine. The Duratec focuses with their trio of Ford Mazda and cosworth design
I always loved the history behind cosworth (even before focuses knowing how they co developed the first quad cam v8's ect)
And the stories behind it growing up playing with v8 ford cylinder heads in the garage that my dad would bring home and teach me how to do a valve job ect from a young age.

I know this will ring true for alot us us but even before the movie for me
the grit and determination of ken miles, his balls to the walls mentality and refusal to give up is inspirational to any of us in the car scene and shows that with enough determination anyone can do anything in life. He is someone i admire and if i could go back in time to meet him i would.

Plus with companies like EBC continually sponsoring race events from rally to bike racing helping other achive thier very own goals its heartwarming in this day and age to see motorsport get pushed to its boundaries and exceded time and time again.

Also thank you to not giving up on forums like this even if to most it seems like a dying breed. We still exist and cherish these old forums and recall back to them at group events check on them and see what else we could learn from them still.

Picture of ken and my 2005 focus st with the cosworth package and replica cosworth badging
Adorned to the trunk lid. (old bage it came with was broken)
And in the background my SVT focus many will know as steve ford parts old svt thats been in this forum since before i was old enough to drive.

i drove my ST with my buddies to the movie when it came out. And upon leaving i felt like i was driving a peice of history because of its conection with two companies i hold close to my heart <3

Rest in peace Ken you are not Forgotten and the world will always remember the drive of those who loved cars as much as we do.

Sent using Tapatalk
What a wonderful story, thanks a lot for sharing. Our UK HQ is only 5 minutes from the Cosworth HQ, I have been there a few times myself, there is always a nice car in the reception area.

EBC are proud to support the motorsport industry in any way we can and have done for many years now.

Send me a PM with your name and address and I’ll get some EBC free gifts in the post to you, thanks again for participating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts