Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A Flock of Seagulls
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw it last night; was very disappointed. Basically it seemed like a propaganda film promoting amnesty for illegal aliens. All the villains are white, and all the good people are spanish speakers. I usually don't care much about the politics of a movie; I just want to be entertained. This one however, seemed to go out of it's way to demonize white people, and the action wasn't that good in my opinion. I thought District 9 was far superior.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Of course YOU didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I haven't seen it, but even the trailers look pretty heavy-handed with social justice.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Social commentary is what Blomkamp is familiar with. He is from South Africa where social injustice is a bit more prevalent than in North America. Not to mention the fact that it was mostly white on the bad-guy side. I'm going to watch it when it comes to blu ray, in the privacy of my own man-thong... :eek:

District 9 was really good.

·
Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
3,240 Posts
I wanted to see it but had a feeling it would be something like what Pseudo described. I've seen several reviews stating it's nothing more that social propaganda coupled with vague character portrayal and horrible acting on the part of Jodi Foster. That's enough to put it on the bottom of my Netflix list. I doubt I'll even bother with it at RedBox.

But yes, District 9 was great.

·
A Flock of Seagulls
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The city portrayed is Los Angeles in the year 2154; but the movie needs to be subtitled to be able to understand a lot of the dialogue of some of the characters (who I assumed were speaking with a South-African English accent). Jodi Foster was horrible; and I don't know what the big deal with the exo-skeleton attached to Matt Damon was, it didn't add anything to the movie in my opinion. The good guys all looked like MS-13 gangmembers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts