Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Carolinians,

I moved to the Myrtle Beach area back in January from South Florida. I'm planning a trip for the 19th/20th to the Asheville area and hitting up the Blue Ridge Parkway and Mt Mitchell and/or Smokey Mtn National Parks to see some fall colors, drive awesome roads and do some light to moderate hikes. Being from South Florida, fall colors are a new thing to me lol.

Looking for insight into potential trails, roads and things to see. Going to be camping the night of the 19th by Mt. Mitchell and doing stuff around there the 19th. Then the 20th is to take the Blue Ridge Parkway towards Smokey Mtn National Park on the 20th before returning that afternoon/evening to Myrtle.

Cheers,

Robert

·
Registered
147 Posts
That is the weekend of the wolly worm festival in Banner Elk NC. If you are taking family, that would be a good destination!

Next weekend is Oktoberfest in Banner Elk, and would be more fun if you are not taking family. I love it up there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've driven the Dragon and it's a really fun road to drive. Also heard of the Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner 28, Roaring Fork Motor Trail, maybe a few others but can't remember them right now.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Camo ed at bla ck mountain back in june so I know about that area. Will be hitting it again! Hoping blue ridge parkway is open!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts