Ford Focus Forum banner

201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
You, and your army of Ostriches...

Too bad your computer can't run the game at 1080P while struggling to maintain 30 frames per second. You can't even set your computer low enough to match the console gaming goodness that we've got. Sony and Microsoft dictates how we will play the game, and they they set astronomical prices for the game titles, while forcing us to pay an additional $60 (at the lowest) a year for multiplayer access, and like sheep we bleat for more. More back handing when the consoles are dropped in favor of new, more powerful consoles that the corporations call "upgrades". More pay-wall practices that should be offered for free but instead, our pocket books are squeezed further to support the mediocrity that has become console gaming. More of the let-downs that comes with the purchase of a game titles that we've heard about for an entire year through hype filled YouTuber videos and from the "Gaming Media" alike. More of the general dissatisfaction that comes from the day one purchase of a console just to play re-releases and re-masters of games we already own and have beaten multiple times.

Yes... We want more of the Stockholm syndrome that keeps us tied to consoles, while trying to blissfully trying to ignore the voices of reason, that tell us; that we do not have to suffer the abuse of Sony and Microsoft. Those voices that tell us that things are better on PC. Where we can play how we want, and not have to pay for online services, or discarding our PC's for the latest PC to be released from a corporate overlord. We try to stay in the walled garden and insulate ourselves with our ever dwindling supply of "Exclusives", but even the veneer on those games is stating to wear thin...

I'm sorry... But you don't understand. It's a console thing.

(worse defense ever. :lol: )

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Wow... Not being able to bathe really messes with you people doesn't it.

And you're right. I don't understand. I don't want to understand and I plan to be a completely self absorbed, unfeeling prick because Im not even going to try to understand. :troll:

Oh and I can't wait till the kool-aide drinkers realize that their "updated" consoles aren't really running 4k resolutions and actually can't run at true 4k.

But if it's any consolation, there are many interior cells that kick my GPU's ass. Yes, it's directly related to my mods, but even I am dropping to sub 30 FPS in spots. Granted, it's only select areas, but I still look up at the corner of my screen where the FPS reading is and go "WTF...".

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
After a while, one gets use to the oily skin and the smells. The Console Overlords at the Estate are squeezing water droplets from a dish rag in 30 minutes. I got my $50, and I aim to wash my face tonight!

:lol:

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Oh, and when the Kool-Aid drinkers finally realize that the "Upgrades" can't run 4K at decent frame rates, they'll just move the goal posts; as usual.

I'd post some Xbot Fanboy vid's and show where they back pedal when the Xbon had a disadvantage to the PS4, and how they handled it. But something tells me, that level of stupid would be a ban-able offence. Imagine some of Focaljet's worst in video form...

Yeah. It's that bad. :lol:

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Sweet FX color settings

Ultimate Preset

Mango's Config. I've used this one before and quite like it.

Think I'll give ENB a whirl this weekend.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I agree. The Ultimate setting looks a bit washed out, but the second eliminates the appearance of a light source being everywhere. Now if you got a mod where the Pipboy light casts shadows, the second would really pop...

I was looking for a mod that either made sense of the bright nights or darkened the nighttime atmosphere in the game. I found something that added realism, and made sense of the bright nights...

The only thing is the moon. The Mod I am running allows the moon to be scaled up by 5%. Apparently it's too big, and after posting this pic, I went with a realistic .1% up scaling.

As for the foliage, I can't find a mod that adds leaves to the trees and simply recolors the grass textures. Green in the Commonwealth adds way too much grass and even puts leaves on the dead trees and logs laying on the road. So that's why I have the vanilla foliage textures.

Elianora's Agent outfit works well with Modern Firearms' tactical armor. Far batter than the slooty vault suits or the black re textured vault suits. I tried her Gunslinger outfit, but the florescent 111 on the back of the duster, ruined the overall look. That's what my character is wearing under the armor.

As for Loving Cait... I'm not sold on the point that she has to be drop dead gorgeous. After enabling the mod, I found her voice not to fit. I eventually ran with a body mod for her. One that gave her some muscle mass, so she looks closet to a fighter, not the one where she's roided out. Eventually I turned that off too. I figured my small mod space would be better served elsewhere. Like a body mod for my main character.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
****ing Feral Ghouls. This is Bethesda doing the zombie craze bull**** and this is me climbing on my Fallout soapbox.

Dear Bethesda, the Ghoul mutation was relatively rare among those that survived the bombs and later generations. And those that went feral were an even smaller percentage of that. But according to Bethesda, the feral population is roughly equal to two thirds of the ENTIRE surviving human population. Enough with the ****ing zombie swarms!

Seriously, I'm losing faith with this game. The more I encounter nonsensical, unexplained random bull****, the more frustrated and less patient with the game I get. Being more twitch shooter than RPG does not help it's case in the least with me either.

Hopefully, once Bethesda releases the GECK, the modding community will make it more lore friendly for us old farts that cling to outdated ways of thinking.
Quoted this because I found a mod that makes the feral Ghouls more in line with Fallout 1+2, and not this Left 4 Dead crap. They pack a radiation wallop though, but they are slow as sin. You can get close, but not too close. And the glowing ones have a pretty big radiation area effect, so shoot them at a distance and don't get close, even after they are dead.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I've looked at that Milky Way mod but haven't downloaded it yet. I'm nearing the maximum safe level for containment, so I need to start weeding through my mods and deciding what I really need. And it's not the mods thats hitting the limits, it's the plugins. Some mods will drop 5+ plugins.

Look and see if the peasants have True weather and True nights. Just looked. You have access to True Storms, but not the night mod. Bummer, but the storm mod is totally worth it though. I run that and Vivid Weather along with No More Green Weather. As for making the Commonwealth green? Poking about in the Xbone mods resulted in a couple of possibilities. Green in the Commonwealth looks good to me along with Spring in the Commonwealth and Springtime Trees.

Im actually running about 6 or 7 separate mods for trees, grass, etc. It's that 2Gb limitation, among other things.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I tried to set up an ENB but it was not playing nice with my F4SE install. F4SE is more important to me than pretty lights, so I just went back to running SweetFX.

And those ****ing ghouls. Don't even get me started on those ****ing ghouls.

Couple discrepancies I would like to point out. If a ghoul is actually a mutated human that's gone bat **** crazy, then explain to me how is it they can breath underwater? Or survive for centuries in a locked room without food? Or survive underwater without food.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I'm not suggesting that the Ghouls are perfect. Bethesda seemed to make them immortal as long as something violent doesn't happen to them. :lol:

I just got tired of them being ultra fast. Thinking about how fast they move in FO4, they should decapitate anyone they lunge at. They have to be traveling about 40MPH when they attack. :eek:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I ended up playing through the ends with Mods enabled. Easy to take down any of the factions, but no achievements or gamer scores to signify that I beat the game. I got into Nuka-World, but then abandoned that quest to persue death claw hunting with vanilla weapons. That didn't last long though.

Why the hell did Bethesda make the Death claw bullet sponges? Heck, even the Fat Man does next nothing to them. In this game, every death claw is a boss battle, in FO3 and New Vegas, you simply had to be prepared to fight them.
I have to agree with the fact that deathclaws are quite annoying to kill and they're even a pain in the ass to run from. Ghouls drive me nuts when they start sprinting at you from everywhere. They're easy to kill just quite annoying to deal with. I like to hoard literally everything so I have to make too many trips to settlements to drop all the crap I carry around and of course it never stays organized the way I want so I just get uninterested really quickly.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Running scrap is worth the effort though. Especially once you have a settlement (or two) where you can hock all the stuff you don't need. But you did say you are hording everything. Ignore what I just wrote... :lol:

Are you selling purified water and enemy equipment then? Those are sure fire ways to make caps in a pinch. It's slow and tedious, but it's steady income.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Running scrap is worth the effort though. Especially once you have a settlement (or two) where you can hock all the stuff you don't need. But you did say you are hording everything. Ignore what I just wrote... :lol:

Are you selling purified water and enemy equipment then? Those are sure fire ways to make caps in a pinch. It's slow and tedious, but it's steady income.
I usually sell some and hoard most. I guess you could say I am a hoarder in video games and fortunately not in real life.:lol: I made it to the part of the story where you go into the radioactive sea or whatever that area is called. Lost interest at that point. I have most of the settlements going. I think the only way I could finish is start over and redo my settlements so they aren't as roughly created.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I usually sell some and hoard most. I guess you could say I am a hoarder in video games and fortunately not in real life.:lol: I made it to the part of the story where you go into the radioactive sea or whatever that area is called. Lost interest at that point. I have most of the settlements going. I think the only way I could finish is start over and redo my settlements so they aren't as roughly created.
You probably don't want to see my "hoarding" set up.

Boosting the "Strong Back" perk to level 4 allows you to fast travel while overburdened. But until then, back and forth we go.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Look and see if the peasants have True weather and True nights. Just looked. You have access to True Storms, but not the night mod. Bummer, but the storm mod is totally worth it though. I run that and Vivid Weather along with No More Green Weather. As for making the Commonwealth green? Poking about in the Xbone mods resulted in a couple of possibilities. Green in the Commonwealth looks good to me along with Spring in the Commonwealth and Springtime Trees.
I have to install True Storms. As for night time, I believe we have Darker Nights. I downloaded it, but due to the Milky Way mod, I have it disabled. There's a conflict between those two mods. Nothing game braking. Just one will not work while the other is switched on.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Bah...

Humbug!

I have been enjoying the depravity of some modders and their insistence on anatomically accurate female characters. One word of advice when running "Skin and Underwear Replacement (The Strapless Edition)". Don't strip ghoul women.

:(

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Okay, here's the UGrids experiment. Im impressed that I was able to get the system to even load at 13 and 15.

From top to bottom it's 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15. All are at 2560x1440, but the pics Im posting up are at 1600x900. I'll leave the hot link active for each pic though. Would love to do a full 7680 shot, but Beth seems to think that no one has or wants to game with ultra wide screen resolutions. I can get the bigger resolution by using a hack, but the POV looks like crap.

201 - 218 of 218 Posts