Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went drag racing at the local track for the first time tonight, and honestly, i did better than I thought I would my first night out. My best 1/4 time was 16.25, and my 60 foot was 2.5. I was wondering if anyone else has done much drag racing and what times they got, with what mods etc.... Also tips for improvement would be awesome. I'm launching at 3k with a bit of wheel spin, and then (obviously) keeping my foot to the floor till the finish which ends up being 3rd gear around 6200 rpm. I know this section doesn't seem to get much action, but advice would cool!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Those times aren't bad for your mods. The V12 tires are holding you back a little though and the SVT wheels are really holding you back. Neither of those are good for drag racing due to the wheels being heavy and the tires being too stiff walled. I think you probably would've had better results with stock 15" wheels and tires.

Also, what was the weight? Did you take out the speakers, spare, and jack or just leave it all in there? Every pound of weight you can drop off the car makes a difference.

I only ran my car once when it was bone stock down to stock tires and went 16.62 spinning like crazy. lol I bolted on the FSWerks turbo kit, added slicks, and went 12.93 with a 1.9 60ft, still using stock everything else. Earlier this year, I went 7.74 in the 1/8th mile (~12.00 1/4 mile) with a 1.84 60ft and had to let up at half track cause the clutch wouldn't hold. The built motor will be shooting for 11.50 index and then done with it. It's starts costing too much money to go faster beyond that and that's what I have the Mustang for.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i plan on getting some better wheels for the drags, i took out my sub, spare tire, and all the other crap in my car lol. My next plan is to get some smaller rims and sticky tires(possibly bald snow tires... Sooo much grip) and then saving for a tune from Randy at fswerks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts