Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with the rear tires wearing on the inside. I purchased my tires from firestone in Texas and drove back to Florida and the tires were worn out badly. The cause of this was they put 40 PSI instead of the recommended 34 PSI. They replaced the four tires at no charge but, the District Manager told me I had to have the car aligned. I went ahead and had it aligned, so I thought. I just drove back to Texas after having the car tires rotated and realigned for the second time. When I got to Texas as I was driving I noticed the car was pulling to the right. Went in to Firestone in Texas and they realigned the car. When I got back to Florida the second time I noticed the rear tires were worn on the inside significantly. I just had the rear tires replaced again and aligned. I told the service writer I had never had any issues with the car tires before I had it aligned, I would rotate them every 3000 miles and the rear tires were worn out evenly. I just noticed in the paper work from Texas they aligned it under a Wagon, Its a ZX-5. Today they aligned it under a SVT, I am wondering if the SVT and the ZX-5 are the same as far as the alignment goes?

I did notice that when my wife was driving in front of me the rear tires seem like the toe is out / \ , that would explain why the tires wore out in about 3000 miles on the inside. Any help or comments on this would be greatly appreciated. I just can't believe I can't drive to Texas from Florida to visit my son and not have any tire problems. Also the specs were not at 0* degrees.

Thanks in advance,
Allcruisen

·
Banned
733 Posts
SVT specs are different always ask for a before and after print out and dont wait in the waiting room go watch their ass do the alignment near the bay door

·
Registered
872 Posts
the Ford specs are garbage. i bet all those miles where u destroyed tires it was "on spec"

get them to align to 0 degrees rear toe in. and get printouts to prove it. and you'll be fine

·
Registered
973 Posts
^ this. I was getting baaaad inside wear till I watched them 0 out the toe and now no problems (even without rotating tires)!

This was when I lived in FL.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SVT specs are different always ask for a before and after print out and dont wait in the waiting room go watch their ass do the alignment near the bay door
That's exactly what I did. I watched them adjust the Left rear only and even questioned the Service writer.

I did get a print out of before and after. Before it shows: Left rear toe at 0.18* and Right toe shows 0.21* ... After the alignment the Left rear toe is at 0.22* Right toe was at 0.21* ... Rear Total toe is at 0.43* ...

I am so pi$$ed, I knew it has to be at least at 0.02* which is what the Front is at...

Thanks again, Time to go back to Firestone and call the District Manager again... These people give Mechanics a "bad" NAME...

PS I told the Service writer, "I Guess I can't plan any Long trips with these tires" He just smurked ...

Allcruisen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts