Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find and good rally lights in a specific ket for the focus. I really don't want to customize anything. Do you guys have any suggestions, links? :bang:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Assuming you are looking for a pod configuration. Contact Davenport Racing http://www.davenportracingusa.com/ He sells a PIAA fiberglass pod that is specifically designed for an early focus. He can sell you lights and all the mounting hardware for it. I ordered mine with KC Rally lights. Here are some shots of mine and the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made these light brackets that you can mount almost anywhere, hood, windshield, roof. I have only 35 watt HID’s and they are amazing. If anyone is interest I can make more brackets for $35. email me if you have questions[email protected]

I could probably machine Focus or some other patter in the bracket if anyone was interested. $10
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
123 Posts
+1 for the PIAA pod

I'm pretty sure Rally America requires you to have them mounted such that no part of the light is above the base of the windscreen. So the 1st Scoob picture above wouldn't pass tech (idk if you're interested in passing tech).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am thinking about mounting some on the front of the bumper, using a flat mounting bracket to bolt them to the actual bumper beam itself (through the top of the lower grille). This way you keep them at about headlight level and don't need to worry about mounting a pod. Downfall is they are lower and not as easily removable.

·
Registered
871 Posts
We installed a metal plate behind the grille. That plate has 3/4" solid rods that poke thru the grille. The light bar has 3/4" ID pipe that slides over the solid rods. Then 1 bolt per rod to secure it. All of the lights plug into a receptical that is installed behind the grille.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We run a Mitsubishi Evo 5 or 6 pod with 4 Hella 3000 pod lamps with HID kits on our Focus. It's the perfect angle and we only needed to cut out a couple small pieces (think an inch or so). Same quick mount as the others with the Dzus slide latches, plus an OMP stay bar which connects to the bumper for some extra support; the pod doesn't move rattle or shake at all! I'll see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That pod wasn't designed for a Focus? You'd never know. Looks fantastic.
I know right? I couldn't believe how well it turned out and fit as well; it holds 4 8" rally pod lamps and still gets airflow to the rad.

Like I said we just needed to take off about an inch or so of fibreglass around where the bottom lamps touch the hood otherwise fitment was a breeze.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Assuming you are looking for a pod configuration. Contact Davenport Racing http://www.davenportracingusa.com/ He sells a PIAA fiberglass pod that is specifically designed for an early focus. He can sell you lights and all the mounting hardware for it. I ordered mine with KC Rally lights. Here are some shots of mine and the mounting hardware.

Do the pods come with a face that covers the mounts/bolts for the lights? Looks kinda... errr... without something covering them

Also, can you post some pictures with the pod mounted??? I'm eager to see! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts