Ford Focus Forum banner

Focus "wiggiling"

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  j.castle 
#1 ·
I ha e 2002 ford focus se spi. I recently installed on the rear new lower co trol arms,new lower front control arms,new struts, new springs,new trailing arms, and had an alignment done. Idk if they aligned it right because I'm getting alot of wiggle when driving on highway and if I hit a bump or take turns on the harder side. It feels as if the back of my car is wiggling and unstable. I did not ha e this problem prior to installing g these new parts. Here's my alignment spec sheet they gave me. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It may not be your new setup. It may be a loose nut or something coming loose at the connection points of everything you installed. It happened to me when I installed coilovers on my ‘02. I didn’t torque the nut down on my driver’s side rear shock too well and every bump I hit made my car feel like driving in bad rain. Start with your connection points. I hope that helps.

#3 ·
Did you ever diagnose and or resolve the problem? I am experiencing exactly what you described; The car feels as if it is fishtailing (without loss of traction). I did the svt suspension and rear sway swap and now it is unsafe to operate above 45mph. I sincerely believe I was methodical and painstaking throughout the install, which makes this particularly puzzling and frustrating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.