Ford Focus Forum banner

Ford Focus Electric priced from $39,200*

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  G-forces 
#1 ·

The 2012 Ford Focus Electric showed up on the company website's configurator this morning with a base price of $39,200 before state and federal incentives, plus an additional $795 for destination charges. That brings the total base starting price of the Focus Electric to $39,995. Factor in a maximum federal tax credit of $7,500 and the price falls to a more palatable $32,495.
http://green.autoblog.com/2011/11/02/ford-focus-electric-priced-from-39-200/

You can reserve your own 2012 Ford Focus Electric here: http://www.ford.com/electric/focuselectric/2012/reservations/

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a real shame, I had hoped to own one. I thought that by building it on an existing platform they might have kept the price below the Leaf. I guess the economics of outsourcing the conversion have kept the price high.

Surely they must have considered the Volt when they came up with pricing. I can't see many of these selling when the more capable Volt is almost exactly the same price.

#6 · (Edited)
so you spend less on gas and add to your electric bill .... and 2nd waaaaaay to much money to be eco friendly.......if im going to spend 40k ill fork out more money and buy a new gt500 or camaro ZL1

#9 ·
QUOTE=blindreap3r;7905458]$300 car payment vs $600 car payment... in a car that already gets 35MPG[/QUOTE]True but there's goverment incentives. You can get about a total of $7.5k off. 35MPG highway, but these electric cars would do best in a city where gas could get you 28MPG tops, gas costs can be $0.20+ more a gallon compared to outside the city. I couldn't use one right now because I have a 130 mile commute and the electric only gets you 100 miles. It would have to be a person with a smaller commute in city who cares about the environment to really want one.

#10 ·
Some day there will be aftermarket mods you can do to give it more range, like graphene capacitors in place of the heavy/bulky batteries... and tweeked controllers to allow more speed. Too bad about the silly price, car manufacturers are obviously still in bed with big oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.