Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

IGN will be rolling this out over the course of the week, with gameplay footage on Friday. I'll update this thread as new info is released.

Announced so far:

Two versions of the game made under different studios. Playground Games is handling the Xbox One version, which is based off the FM5 engine.

-The Xbox One version

It will use Drivatars, your drivatar from FM5 will be transferable to Horizon 2. Like the first game, time of day is dynamic. New to the Forza franchise will be weather effects. The game is set in northern Italy and southern France, including the coastline. Not announced yet is whether all the paint and tuning in FM5 is transferable.

In the second IGN article, the lighting engine is discussed. It appears they have created an artificial atmosphere. If the atmosphere effect is removed you see only a starfield. Have no idea how it works but it sounds interesting, and the images shown so far look much improved even over Forza 5. Also mentioned is the removal of roadside barriers. If there wouldn't be a barrier there on a real road, it's not there in the game. Want to go charging through that giant field? Go nuts.

As far as visuals are concerned, if the game looks anything like the shots from IGN, I'm guessing 30fps just like the first Horizon (it's confirmed 1080p/30fps locked), we'll see on Friday.

- World map is three times the size of the map in Horizon, with no barriers keeping you from leaving the roads.
- Barn finds return, and will feature cars that are new to the Forza franchise.
- Showcase events are returning from Horizon, only more advanced. Racing multiple planes, racing a steam train,
- Confirmed 1080p and locked 30FPS
- 700 events and over 100 hours to complete all events
- Cross Country Races: pick route to a GPS location and drive any way from point A to point B, roads not required.
- Bucket List: list of challenges (leaves cars around the map) The bucket list will be updated post launch.
- Weather System implemented & return of night racing
- Skill system overhauled now earns you XP and will be linked to the new Perk system (first perk allows you to earn XP from banking Skills in free-roam) Skill system is similar to the Kudos system used in the PGR franchise. Each of the perks gives you an advantage, enhances your gameplay in some area of the game.
- No invisible walls or needless barriers. Parking lots, fields, ditches are all accessible.
- New lighting engine simulates the way that light interacts with particles in the atmosphere. Dynamic headlights also affected by surroundings (reflection off chrome for instance)
- Accurate model of stars in the sky
- Instant switch between online and off-line play. Camera pans out and all of the NPC traffic, time of day and weather switches to the server and will be synced for all players on the fly. Doing this does not negate anything you've been working towards in single player.
- Online races and free roam earn you XP and allow you to level up.
- Introduction of car meets. Meet up with other players to swap pant jobs, tunes and even cars.
- Clubs over hauled: can now have 1000 members
- Drivatars are confirmed. FM5 drivatar training carries into Horizon 2. Drivatars will leave the roads and learn to take the same shortcuts you do.

-Xbox 360 version

It is being made by Sumo Digital. They worked previously on Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, which was phenominal. This version will be based on the original Horizon engine, nothing has been said about weather effects, or what differences there will be between the two versions of the game.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/06/02/ign-first-forza-horizon-2-announced

There are some shots in the following article that show off the water effect on the cars, some of the atmospheric lighting is discussed in the article.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/06/03/a-sunday-drive-with-forza-horizon-2-ign-first?:_ign/news_(IGN_All_News)=&page=2

More info:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/06/04/forza-horizon-2-resolution-framerate-music-more-detailed-ign-first

·
Super Moderator
5,524 Posts
Somehow screwed up my pre-order with the MS Store (had a credit to use) and just got the UPS guy just delivered the 360 version. I'm hoping to run to the local MS Store in a few hours and swap it for the One version.

Worth noting that MS did put out a demo, at least on Xbox One. Finally got around to downloading it a couple minutes ago. Need to run a lap or two there to get a freebie car in the full version.

Now all I need to do is find time for this, Forza 4 (just got the Xbox One a couple weeks ago to start transitioning from the 360, or at least to stop buying 360 versions of stuff) and Destiny. :lol: And I got a Madden bundle and have that to load or sell as well.

·
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a great racing game. It fixed everything I didn't like about Horizon, and the amount of content in this title is astounding. I can play this for a year and don't think I'll get bored. Just great.

And Bill, they added weight to those hay bales. They mess you up pretty good now, as do the NPC traffic cars.

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
I dl'd the demo for Xbone... I think I may pick this up some time.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
What's the tuning like? Driving physics? Is it super slidy, or just a little more loose than Forza 5?

·
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's much less arcade than the first, a bit less forgiving than the first as well. Brakes are actually needed now. All the tuning is open, same options as in FM5 so tire pressure, suspension bound/rebound/camber/toe, gear ratios, diff, etc.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
This is a great racing game. It fixed everything I didn't like about Horizon, and the amount of content in this title is astounding. I can play this for a year and don't think I'll get bored. Just great.

And Bill, they added weight to those hay bales. They mess you up pretty good now, as do the NPC traffic cars.
Thanks for the update on this Luke.

I still haven't been looking at too many XB1 games recently. I wanted to see how the console wars played out for a bit to see if it's worth getting one or the other. I am glad that I waited for the dust to settle. Microsoft is at least walking the talk in their commitment to the Xbone and gaming. That's probably because Mattrick is gone, and someone who is passionate about the brand and gaming is at the helm. And it's good to see that FH2 surpasses the first game in every way. It's on the list, believe me. There are just a few things I have to do before I get the console first.

Could you do me a favor and post more pictures of the latest Camaro SS. And could you make it look like it has the 1LE performance package installed. Recently I have been wondering what that car is about, and I am finding a lot to like. Now if GM would ditch it's upside down looking throwback dashboard. :p

About the game, I did watch a couple of game play videos, and the "" vs the Train event looks like a lot of fun. Comparing the 360 to the Xbone is unfair due to the 360 being a down port built from the First game, some things appear to be there but there is a ton of things missing, so getting the 360 version is an instant no sale. Plus not getting any DLC on the 360 version kills it's longevity.

I still bitch about the wheel situation on the Xbone. Thrustmaster's TX doesn't seem to be worth the money, and the MC really lived up to Madcatz's stellar reputation, sigh! Fanatec is going to take forever to release anything. Even their Xbone compatible U-Hub for the $700 CSW-V2 is probably not gonna be released until December 2015 or even January 2016. Then there will be a wait until a human priced wheel is announced, teased and released. I might just say screw it and forgo wheels all together no matter what is released. But knowing me, I'll fold faster than a mother at a laundromat if the wheel turns out to be all new and shiny.
:lol:

·
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty happy with the console gen so far to be honest. I've played through quite a few X1 games, my WiiU library is pretty big, and there are a bunch of good things on the horizon.

The only new Camaro in Horizon 2 is the ZL1, there is no facelifted Camaro in the game. If you're interested in the newer Camaros though, the full redesign is out being tested now. She's about a foot shorter and the rumor is the car took a 600lb diet.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I hope that rumor on the weight loss holds up. The cammo'd Camaros I have seen look like wrapped 2014's and don't offer much of the new look. Granted, GM is better than most when it comes to cammo cars. I wouldn't be surprised if those "pristine" '88 Camaro's caught testing along the graphic wrapped 'Maro were the actual mules. Either way, the car is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

As for the Xbox. The point that you and Mike were making has sunk in. Sure the consoles aren't the bleeding edge of technology. But truth be told, consoles only hit that mark once and that was the 7th generation. Expecting them to do it again is foolish, especially seeing how much money it takes to make something that can game in 4K @60 FPS. Sure as a console MFG microsoft and Sony probably could have minimized the loss on each unit sold, but both weren't looking to lose money hand over fist this time around. And in the end, it's about the games. There are plenty of games I want to play on the XB1, and what I did experience, I would be content to a certain degree with the system. I'm not bailing on finishing my PC though. I just hit a sizeable snag in that plan, but it is still a goal for me to get a PC gaming rig built. It's just at this moment, the XB1 does look attractive.

As for the resolution gate BS. It's just that... BS. Smooth gameplay> a pretty slideshow. As long as the game runs with a consistent FPS and looks decent enough to enjoy, then what is the big deal? Hell even with expensive gaming PC's the display hierarchy is Frame rates then graphics. The difference is that PC's have a lot more graphical overhead than the 8th gen consoles (as they damn well should).

Something else I am noticing with the Xbox, it really looks like they are trying to make the system as plug and play as possible. Phil Spencer was commenting on how fast download speeds are, and how invasive updates are on IGN's Podcast Unlocked. Watching the external hard drive how-to's on youtube shows that the system is intended to be as painless as possible when it comes to updates and what-not. I hope the implementation of the Windows 10 like dashboard continues the trend of Plug-n-play. It's like the Xbox is trying to be more and more console like with each update. Biased ijit talking heads on YouTube seem to be trying to say the opposite. Strange.

Sorry about going off topic. I actually am interested in FH2 on the Xbone. It's definitely on my will get it list. But I am still out a way's from getting an Xbone of my own.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Oh yeah... Since pics of the Camaro are not on the list. Do something like the photograph that Turn 10 has of the P1 in FH2 on their website. I'd like to see some up close and ultra realistic shots of whatever you decide to photograph. Even if you take a pic of a Van or something.

:lol:

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Not sure if it was mentioned, but there's no tuning option in the 360 version. I almost went and bought it when I learned about tuning in H2. Looks like I dodged a bullet since it's only available on XB1!

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Yeah, the down port to the 360 is lacking a lot of features. It would have been better not to make the game for the 360 at all. That said, I can't play Horizon without a wheel. While I was getting use to FH1 with the controller, I made the mistake of using my wheel for a lengthy play session. Now using the controller feels awkward and limited when it comes to controlling the cars. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts