Ford Focus Forum banner

261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Having fun with the Chevy Lola T90/00. Not the most agile thing but damn is it fun. It sounds good too. I don't remember Indy cars having a worthwhile exhaust note.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Forza needs more Panoz...

Panoz DP01 to be specific.

And adding BRNO as a track won't hurt either. ;)

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #265 (Edited)
The latest car pack...

I am Digging the Daytona Prototype, the Cougar, the Alfo and the Corolla... But the Pontiac Aztek... Seriously? Why waste the time and man-hours on that piece of ****?

And before anyone posts this, one tricked out street ride does not justify it's presence in the game; no matter how well done the custom car is. This is Forza we are talking about, not an auto-style game where the sky is the limit. So to save you time, I'll post your reply. Ahem...

Because this.

Because this is what we are getting, and there will not be much wiggle room within the confides of Forza's wings and 1/2" lowering kits...

:rant:

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #267 (Edited)
No joke. The Pontiac Aztek is in the latest DLC bundle...

Turn 10 even knows the Aztek is a piece of ****. This makes me think back to an interview with Dan Greenawalt where he said the last version of the Mitsubishi Gallant isn't going to be in Forza because it was miserable. Well explain the Aztek Mr Greenawalt? Between the two, I'd take the misery of the Gallant over the Aztek anyday. Friggen Forza!

:bang:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I don't disagree, Bill. I will say my buddy and I are going to enjoy swapping the engine in the Aztek to whatever is the craziest with the most power, and then doing nothing else. Then, we crash, I mean race them. Should be a great time!

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
I just hope the Daytona Prototype and the Cougar are A'la Carte. Then I can side step the rest of the cars that would only get one or two drives out of me. Looking now.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
I got the car pack...

I am not impressed with the Daytona Ford. It does everything well. A little too well. There is not a hint of drama with the car, the rear tires do not step out at all, and I don't have to fight for control because; the car wants to break traction at every chance it gets. Nope! It just does what you ask it to do. But it does it all in slow motion. The car can use additional power. 600 horses is not enough apparently. I'm gonna try to get the power up to 850Hp or so. Maybe then the car will feel less like an amusement park go-kart and more "alive".

More to come.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Yup, the Daytona Ford needed its restrictors removed. At 858hp its a bit of a handful, but nothing that cannot be tamed with tuning. It won't hang with the LeMans prototypes, but it is definitely faster than that damn Nissan LMP1.

The IMSA Cougar... Holy Smokes! That thing is a beast. I think I found my muse for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Downloads 2005 Pontiac Aztek only to find there's a Monster Energy paint scheme.

**Immediately unplugs XB1 for all of February**
How is this in any way surprising? At this point, I think EVERY car in the game has a Monster Energy livery. Did you not know that Ken Block has raced every single car included in the Forza series since the day the game was released?

Now, the Planet Express livery is appropriate and very funny.

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
How is this in any way surprising?
Not surprised by the new DLC car selection. Not surprised Porsche is playing the hard-to-get-except-for-$20 routine again. Just hope T10 offers some good content in the near future and doesn't drop support when they announce Forza 7...which will probably be in March or something.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The licensing issue is with EA, not Porsche. Next game in the Forza franchise is Horizon 3. FM6 will be supported through at least October or November. Horizon 3 will likely be formally announced at E3.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #277 (Edited)
Not surprised by the new DLC car selection. Not surprised Porsche is playing the hard-to-get-except-for-$20 routine again. Just hope T10 offers some good content in the near future and doesn't drop support when they announce Forza 7...which will probably be in March or something.
It worked for FM4, and it passes the expenditure straight to the consumer. It's a win-win for Microsoft and EA. And it's more of the financial buttraping that gamers have come to expect from both parties involved.

I'm just in it for VIR. If that track is released without paying, then I won't. I can live without Porsche.

One thing I do have to say about the expansion; having a requested track along with it, makes the DLC easier to sell. If this was just 20 Porsches, I wouldn't care. The track is something I can use with all the cars I enjoy using in the game, so I find the track to be the real value here. I wouldn't mind if Turn 10 released DLC along with tracks. Lets just say seven cars and a new track? That would make even a terrible car pack (Like the current Alpinestars pack) worth it, if it came with Suzuka or something?

Just my two cents.

261 - 280 of 317 Posts