Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
For people with the Cosworth IM and 12-14psi waste gate, does the .035 gap still apply and does octane matter? Need to do my WOT log and just wanted to be sure to leave them at .035.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
For people with the Cosworth IM and 12-14psi waste gate, does the .035 gap still apply and does octane matter? Need to do my WOT log and just wanted to be sure to leave them at .035.
Yes, please leave them at .035" gap unless you need to gap down. You shouldn't have to, though.

Octane ALWAYS matters. Make sure you stick with at least 91 octane, but if you have a program that was built for 93 or 94 octane you can't use less. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
looking to do oil change and plugs this weekend. Ive been using the 103's. should i bother changing to ngk's or stick with 103's?

also I cant seem to remember how much oil with a 2.3 and no balance shaft and the turbo needed? thought it was 5 but its been a long while

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I've always used 103's with about 4.5 liters in my car. That's what Randy always recommended.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What should gap be when running 20+ psi? After 21-22 I seem to not gain anything more. Even if it hits 24 psi and goes to 7k I have no problem except that I don't have that "boosting" feeling anymore.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

41 - 50 of 50 Posts