Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta say - Ford ending the Focus in the US is an abysmal joke. Even ending the Fusion too. What in hell’s creation are they thinking...?? None of this is news anymore, of course.

But good grief. What a disaster their decision making team has made.

Who does Ford think they are...?? Apple....?? Telling people what they want by getting rid of products and forcing them to go in their cultish direction and making them drink the kool aid by saying “No - THIS is what you want.”

I’ve always been a fan of their trucks. The Ranger, the F-150, the Superduty - all of them have always been and always will be awesome. Bringing the ranger back after an 8 year hiatus was one of the best decisions they’ve made recently.

What the did to theExplorer is just plain sad as well. Good lord I could go on and on about this....

Well, it was nice FJ - thanks for all the memories. Went to my first auto GTG via this site - loved my 2001 Focus and the fun I had with it and the people I met because of this site. This place truly was the site to be on back in the day.

Hope y’all stay well - and be safe out there too.

Maybe within a decade we will see Ford rerelease the Focus and we’ll all reunite here again someday.

Until then - take care FJ and all FJ members. It was a heck of a run and I can only wish everyone the best.

Godspeed.....

Reactions: G-forces

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had hoped Ford was going to produce a 50th Anniversary Mustang Mach 1 in 2019 (to celebrate the Mach’s intro in ‘69). I would have bought one. But, no, they introduced the Mach E travesty instead.

My Plan B was to get a 2019 Focus RS. Nope. Killed that in April ‘18.

I’m still enjoying my ‘04 Focus SVT, but I’m otherwise done with Ford. My last name is Ford. My grandfather worked for Ford for 35 years. My family has driven Fords my entire life and then some. But, I’m done.

·
I
13,302 Posts
I too am sad Ford stopped making cars that I care about. 2001 ZX3 was my first car, grabbed a 2013 ST later, and now have a 2017 RS. The RS is great, but I still missed my Mk1, so much so I grabbed an 02 SVT this month. Having kept my XR4Ti the entire time, it's unfortunate that Ford has really abandoned the fun car market, outside of Mustangs. Once I need something new to replace the RS as a daily, I can't see a Ford car that'll fit.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Sad indeed, Ford has been behind-the-curve for a long time now, no Mk1 RS, poorly supported the SVT, now ditching the Focus entirely just a few years before we can rightfully expect the SUV and truck market to decline somewhat. I've been around for a lot of years, and have learned to respect good handling cars that don't abuse the gas pump... that's what I buy. The general eco-friendly attitude of many Millennials means they look for efficient and fun cars to drive, whether they modify them or not, and look down on giant living-rooms-on-wheels. Also, average income has declined and is continuing to decline, so the trend is that people keep cars longer or spend less when they replace them.

I expect that trend will be the dominant market force in the near future, regardless of how much manipulative advertising American car manufacturers use to try and convince people they need big/more/giant/ostentatious/absurd stuff, especially cars. Ford management screwed-the-pooch by killing every sedan and econobox... the future is against them. Looks like another giveaway to China and all foreign car makers... at least GM is still an American car company, too bad Ford surrendered to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts