Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sucked into the sitcom like drama again anyone?

Wouldn't be so entertaining if they weren't so clueless at times.

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
I watch it a little bit, it can be entertaining. I also like how they all have massively negative seasons every year and keep coming back bigger. lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony the "Viking" had a small part in it advising the Kid until he decided to go big with the Dredge purchase and move. His regular operation is too well run to be a "show" item otherwise.

This year the Hoffman family working the same claim as last would have been boring, so they had to arrange a Deal for an attempt to double the take to make it interesting.

Don't know if the Kid on his own without the old foreman will be that interesting, how he manages with a crop of beginners is the whole story for this year.

That dredge runs, keeping it running & making it run right could be a challenge. Already looks like conflict upcoming with the personnel again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seeing the Hoffmans try to dig out a huge section all at once was a comedy of errors, why not melt it a section at a time?

And driving an excavator over Spring Ice? Staged for TV or just stupid?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have been watching this show off and on over the years. I hate how staged some things feel/are for the show...The added sound effects of revving up and down diesel engines when they are running the equipment makes me chuckle. the hydraulics operate at their best when a machine is at full throttle they don't bounce up and down like that... Its going to be an interesting year I think.

The kid seems like he is going to learn a lot of lessons this year. He's going to have to figure out how not to be a grinding ass that pulverizes his crews to death.

The Hoffman's would be fine without Todd. He always does something beyond stupid that almost screws them over. He has what seems like a limited ability to do anything but yell and say stupid stuff.

Tony makes me laugh his operation is absolutely massive. Seeing the dredge is a pretty cool thing and adds a bit of a spin to this season.

I am curious about how the Dakota Boys are doing since they left the show. They were always up to something interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts