Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 6000k hid for my fog lamps. They should work fine in my opinion. Because the fog light assemblies resemble a projector style headlight. Correct or not ??

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
No. it will not work in a parabolic lens without retrofitting it to a projector lens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
False, they will work fine, as long as you have the correct bulb size (H11 I believe, same as low beams). I have HIDs in my low beams and fogs.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
No, they will not. HID bulbs are built completely different and have a larger light focal point. This causes the parabolic lens to "flood" light and the lens to no longer control the light reflected from it.

If you want better light output for a C346/MKIII Focus fog light, then look at the LED Rostra or Morimoto replacement unit. They are way better than ANY replacement bulb you can buy.

·
I
13,288 Posts
False, they will work fine, as long as you have the correct bulb size (H11 I believe, same as low beams). I have HIDs in my low beams and fogs.
False. See what James posted above. HID in any reflector housing not specifically designed for HIDs will not work fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts