Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need to replace the hose adapter on the back of the intake manifold. Mine does not have the red part that holds the hose in and part of the red part broke and is inside the adapter. It looks like it just pulls out and you just push the new one in but im have trouble do that. I tired to pull it out, pry it out with a flat head. Had trouble taking the intake manifold off so was trying to do it with it on the car.

Any tips on how to replace it.

I have attached a pic to show the part i need to replace.

thanks

https://goo.gl/photos/goP1jZiGoNqHbDg87

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just went out to my spare Svt motor to try and pull that adapter out and now I see what your saying. Even prying on it with a big screwdriver and it didn't budge. If the only thing that is wrong with yours is the red plastic clip is broken I would just replace the clip. I was able to get just the clip out easily by pushing on the "fingers". Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i need to replace the hose adapter on the back of the intake manifold. Mine does not have the red part that holds the hose in and part of the red part broke and is inside the adapter. It looks like it just pulls out and you just push the new one in but im have trouble do that. I tired to pull it out, pry it out with a flat head. Had trouble taking the intake manifold off so was trying to do it with it on the car.

Any tips on how to replace it.

I have attached a pic to show the part i need to replace.

thanks

New photo by Justin Gilstrap

Which hose is that exactly?? took my intake manifold off and it never had one connected, but still had the red connector piece on the manifold. I'm trying to find what the part is/ function so I can find where to buy the new parts and to be able to ask them properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts