Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am guessing that the mid range is improved drastically right? The car seems to fall on its face midrange then pick back up in the upper range. 10 is lower than the SCT but you said that there is room for improvement. Is this something h that can be done at a local dyno tuner or does it need to be handled at their shop? Does the DBW response improve as we'll?
Yes, midrange is greatly improved along with throttle response.

SCT was on a modified car. Baseline on 87 and tune on 93. Don't race dynos. It is not fair to compare different dynos on different days even if all was equal which it was not.

The tunes are pre-loaded.s No need to go to a shop.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not trying to compare dynos. The difference in power makes sense. This just means this tune with mods will be even better. I was chatting with Marc about it the other day. Sounds like a tune I want. :)
Glad to hear about the midrange improvement.
Thanks for the info man.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Not at the moment. The next options added will be the ability to fully disable traction/stability control. Other options coming. They are taking is slow to do things right the first time.

Let's put it this way... I am running beta tunes and have absolutely NO hiccups.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Customer service is awesome btw.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not at the moment. The next options added will be the ability to fully disable traction/stability control. Other options coming. They are taking is slow to do things right the first time.

Let's put it this way... I am running beta tunes and have absolutely NO hiccups.
That's great but, someone needs to release the ability to tune the car for its environment and not force people into a canned tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I agree totally, just saying they are taking it slow. I hope to see more options as well. We will see...

·
Registered
768 Posts
That's great but, someone needs to release the ability to tune the car for its environment and not force people into a canned tune.
This is why I'm waiting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Tune update!

I have driven with the most recent 93/91 Octane tune update as well and the Beta DCT tuning and I have to say WOW. First off, the guys at Injected have improved the torque curve greatly. It feels torquey everywhere (a lot like my wife’s 2.5 Duratec/MZR Mazda 3). This makes it that much more of a joy to drive and very tractable. I did not get a chance to do a full throttle pass to test the top-end, but a part-throttle 4th gear pass was quite impressive.
Now the DCT… This is how the factory should have did it. Aggressive when it needs to be and very precise on gear changes. The engagement is so much better, you would swear the transmission feels like it got a clutch change. It inspires confidence that this transmission is strong enough to handle the power. The quicker and firmer gear engagement will save this transmission. That in itself is enough reason to tune. Down shifts are almost instant and upshifts are firm and quick. In manual mode the reaction to shifting with the button is almost immediate. For a beta, just like with their ECU tuning, Injected has done wonders. I know from talking to them that this is just the tip of the iceberg, so be patient because they are perfectionists. Will everyone be happy? No, but most will. You will still have some folks who think this inexpensive little transmission in a compact car should shift like a flappy-paddle Ferrari transmission, but for most of us who know cars, this improvement, just the beta tune, will make you smile and be anxious to mod the car even more.

I will report back after more seat time.

Excellent work Injected Engineering!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Nice review of the beta DCT stuff :thumbup::D

Sent from my Galaxy S4

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You are welcome.

BTW... I run 93 and this is labeled as a 93 tune, but the tune will work with 91-93 I am told.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should not run lower octane than the tune selected. You can run higher (i.e.-89 on 87 tune), but never lower (i.e..-91 on 93 tune).

Now, a couple of videos. Engine mods are Steeda intake, MS3 RMM, custom 2.5" exhaust, Injected engine/DCT (beta) tune. About 100° temps and 215/40 General SS-595's on 18x8 Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's.

Windows up-

Windows down-

·
Registered
883 Posts
This I like to see! More thoughts knuckles?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I want to give it some more miles before formulating a longer response and I want to see if the adaptive learning has any effect on it or not. With this still being beta, I don't want to say too much about it just in case things change. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it! Aron and his team at Injected are great people to work with, so I'm anxious to see what all they have coming down the pipeline.

·
Registered
883 Posts
How is the transmission tune in traffic? Living around Chicago that's obviously an issue for me. I was wondering how jerky it would be.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Yes, and any sign of clutch chatter? Mine currently exhibits a hint of it once in a while. I'd hate to introduce it with an aftermarket tune. I'm seriously excited about this. Now if Ford could just properly fix MFT, this car would be just about perfect as a daily driver.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Amber from Injected here! I just want to let you know we are now a sponsor on the focaljet forum.

Now Until Sept 30
Use Promotional Code 5%OVER400 for your Injected Store needs
New File Release 9.10.13 - All v002.xxx files released to public: Includes 93, 91, and 87 fuel

Want the best tuning available for your MK3 2.0L GDI Focus? Order here injectedstore.com

Coming soon Injected ST Tuning & DCT Release!

Injected Engineering, LLC
3605 Kennesaw North Ind Pkwy
Kennesaw, Ga 30144
678-449-6871 Office
678-581-6200 Fax

·
Registered
238 Posts
At the "Other" forums Focus gathering. My friend (slammed SVT comp O) and I were going back to the main hotel from Dave and busters award ceremony. In the caravan was the Injected MK3. Sounded amazing, did pull away from me on the Highway during spirited driving, and almost got sideswiped by a semi on an on-ramp. lol

·
Registered
883 Posts
At the "Other" forums Focus gathering. My friend (slammed SVT comp O) and I were going back to the main hotel from Dave and busters award ceremony. In the caravan was the Injected MK3. Sounded amazing, did pull away from me on the Highway during spirited driving, and almost got sideswiped by a semi on an on-ramp. lol
I wonder which exhaust they are running?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts