Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
681 - 700 of 711 Posts

·
Recaros for Corbeaus and Boyds!
2,355 Posts
Could just buy a screamer pipe then weld the rest of the exhaust on... That's what I was going to do, but with the 3" straight pipe I have it's basically the same thing, haha.

·
Recaros for Corbeaus and Boyds!
2,355 Posts
Bryce and I were talking about that... But after the price of that, and the wastegate, dump pipe, and labor, you could get the T3 manifold and bigger turbo for a few hundred more...

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
They make that housing to fit all the way up to a 35R and also journal bearing 60-1 and stage 3 turbos as well. You could keep the T25 inlet and the same FSWerks downpipe but still have an external gate. Just order a bigger turbo with that housing.

I plan to use it with a GTX2867R.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yeah, it's just an idea that I go back and forth on. I'm going to install a water/meth flow gauge first. I just gotta find a spot to put it in my car. I'm thinking of ordering a cheap gauge pod and cutting it up and molding it into the instrument panel bezel. It'll make a nice project for the winter and help keep my cabin fever from getting outta control ;)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
For the external wastegate set up, I think this would be ideal as far as budget goes.

Precision 5831 billet wheel - $775
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=2654&cat_key=724&prodname=Precision+5831+MFS+Billet+Entry+Level+Turbocharger++585HP

^^^That turbo uses a Garrett center section and stage III turbine wheel so the T25-EWG-44 turbine housing would most likely fit. The Precision billet wheel would spool up a bit quicker, especially for a 58mm inducer. Spool wise, it would probably be about like a GT3082R. I would expect 10psi by 3600rpm and 20psi by 4500rpm. It's capable of 500whp. I plan to contact Treadstone to see if they can alternate the T25-EWG-44 turbine housing over one of the other ones offered.

Precision 46mm external wastegate - $320
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=683&cat_key=347&prodname=Precision++Turbo+46mm+Wastegate

^^^This wastegate fits a 44mm inlet flange but has a 46mm exit flange. It's a bit misleading.

Fab up my own dump tube to go straight down by the subframe - ~$100

Fab up the intake side to continue 3" from MAF to turbo inlet - ~$100

So for about $1,300 - $1,500 (giving room for shipping and other unforseen costs), I'd have an external gated setup capable of 500whp if I wanted it. I like this idea. :)

Of course I would like to go through FSWerks but they don't offer any of this budget friendly stuff. :p

However, another alternative that FSWerks may be able to offer is the Garrett T3/T4E. With the T25-EWG-44 turbine housing comes to $805 from ATP.
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-034

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'm back in the Ford family! Not a focus, but I picked up a first gen 4wd Escape the other day. Honestly, it feels good to be back in a Ford.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Tom check this place out. Or anyone for that matter... This is where I got my Triple gauge pod made for above my radio since my double din disabled it.

http://www.ortizcustompods.com/ford.html?m

He'll make anything you want as well.
Nice find kid!! I was gonna make one myself, but I couldn't really make one for less than 100 stones if u include a new bezel, pod, material, etc.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The Focus is being weird. It blows the brake lights fuse the moment the pedal is pressed. Also, for some odd reason, my right turn signal comes on when I go WOT... that one really has me puzzled. :what: :confused:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The Focus is being weird. It blows the brake lights fuse the moment the pedal is pressed. Also, for some odd reason, my right turn signal comes on when I go WOT... that one really has me puzzled. :what: :confused:
sounds like a direct short. turn signal.. hmm. maybe it's trying to tell you there is torque steer in that direction lol. try disconnecting the stalk and see if it still does it. what part of the electronics did you mess with last?

681 - 700 of 711 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.