Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
███████
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to Thank The people possible for Jetfest 2 !

I had a Great time and My Car even went out on the track at 4:00 On Sunday !
It was a Great Pleasure to finally Meet Ron (focaljet-1) and His wife Very Nice People :thumbup:

It was nice to Meet The "Frush" That Passed Me on the track 2nd Lap :lol:

And as Well as seeing all my So-cal / Nor-Cal Buddies !!

And a special thanks to James (Mextep) For the Great Food, Me My Wife and Kids Enjoyed Jetfest and Hope to Be out at the Next One !! (No Matter Where It's at)

And Lastly But Not Least, To all The Vendors Focus Sport, F2 Focus Performance, Massive Speed Systems, Ford Racing and Xios Turbo, It was Great seeing you all out there and to get a hands on look at your products !!

Troy. :banana: :party:

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
I totally have a track buzz still.

This weekend was so awesome! It was a lot of fun to meet you guys and "race" against you too!

I wanted to especially thank Leo Capaldi who helped us put my rear brakes back together after we replaced my wheel stud! He's done that a few times! Thanks Leo.

I cant wait for the next track event and I hope to see you guys out there again soon.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Thanks to Leo big time, he drug those cars along ways to support the effort. Also Ford for getting some cool staff there! Nasa and Ted for being good hosts and heck it is not bad watching the racing when your not on the track!

good memories!!

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Just wanted to thank everybody!

Mexy is THE awesome! And WAY too funny.
Slidemaster is awsome too, his car is a beast! 305-19s In the Front!
I hope he gets that thing back on the road. Take it easy and don't work too hard.
-bix

·
Take a Bite of My Burrito!
3,139 Posts
I'm glad mosst of you liked the food..it was hard pulling the donkey from under the RV after I hit it.

Big thanks to all that helped out and Try for making it possible with the propene tank and nekked pics in his Gold thong.:thumbup:

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
ZX34Zane - It was great to meet you and Zane. Him and I can talk Transformers all day...and hopefully my baby's head won't be as big as his and stuck!

Glad to put the mug to the name, MEXTEP!

Danny - I like where ur heads at man. lolz

Dato - you and I can bust on Chromie tag team style.

Ataru - Great to see you and Christie. Make sure you tell her everyday how great she looks. Your beautful Christie!

Squire - It was fantastic to see you again. Next time you see me, I will be someone's mom.

Todd - Great to see you and to meet Stacy. She is an awesome chick and between her and I, we can figure out anything.....even poorly sorted restaraunt bills!

As always, my hetero lifemate Mrs. Blue, Uncle OmniFocus, Frush, Brashley, Steph & Joe...you guys are the best. It wouldn't have been anywhere near as fun without you guys. Thjanks for making my last vacation such a friggin blast.

Tribal - ur a cool cat and thanks for the Golden Pit Pass. Hope to see you again soon!

Ron - Thanks for running this site and for putting together JF in the first place. I had a great time meeting you and your wife.

Chalz - Happy Birthday! It was great to meet you.

Jr Psychologist - Great to put a face to the name. It was fun meeting you Josh and hope we can do it again sometime.

Sleeperlove - Thanks for buying Lorin's tires. lolz Ur a cool cat man.

Glad you had a safe trip home and I hope you see you at the next event.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
I am kinda bummed I spent so much time with the track gig, I didn't get to meet a lot of people there. I didn't really spend any time around the RV, which is where I think most of the peeps were at.

Had a blast on the track. I got pointed by M3's, Porsches (a couple different models), and other cars that should pwn the focus. I talked to the owner of a 427 cobra replica that I followed around for about 3 laps. He was seriously worried that he was holding me up in the corners. Coming off the corners...serious tq. Bubye. Then, halfway through the straight I could hear him let off, kinda like he wanted me to catch up. I would be right at his rear corner panel by the end of the apex, just so he could lay down 5 times the tq I have. Lots of fun.

Thanks all for being a great family. Letting me borrow the air compressor, two-toning Alex's car, oil cooler installations, carne, the works. You all are awesome. And I still love the NorCal peeps. I'll keep 'em around.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
brads03zx3 said:
I am kinda bummed I spent so much time with the track gig, I didn't get to meet a lot of people there. I didn't really spend any time around the RV, which is where I think most of the peeps were at.

Had a blast on the track. I got pointed by M3's, Porsches (a couple different models), and other cars that should pwn the focus. I talked to the owner of a 427 cobra replica that I followed around for about 3 laps. He was seriously worried that he was holding me up in the corners. Coming off the corners...serious tq. Bubye. Then, halfway through the straight I could hear him let off, kinda like he wanted me to catch up. I would be right at his rear corner panel by the end of the apex, just so he could lay down 5 times the tq I have. Lots of fun.

Thanks all for being a great family. Letting me borrow the air compressor, two-toning Alex's car, oil cooler installations, carne, the works. You all are awesome. And I still love the NorCal peeps. I'll keep 'em around.

Remember Cobra's have BIGG torque and its a bastard to modulate it in the corners, be a little bit too happy with the right foot and you're going off track. Sometimes more isn't all that great. I have WAY newfound respect for the Focus after seeing it pass 6-7 cars in a long sweeper corner. :bow: :party: :arr:
-bix

·
TEAM Member
733 Posts
I just got back to Baltimore 5 minutes ago. Thanks for everything. For the food, the brew, the car bombs. And, especially to Dukman for being chauffeur. Once I take care of some chores, I'll have some pics up.

Damn crappy weather caused the power to go out while I was away, so I hope nothing else is awry. I'll see.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
MEXTEP said:
I'm glad mosst of you liked the food..it was hard pulling the donkey from under the RV after I hit it.

Big thanks to all that helped out and Try for making it possible with the propene tank and nekked pics in his Gold thong.:thumbup:
No wonder that Chorizo was SO tasty!:screwy: :bow: :arr: A little gamie but after the RV tenderized it, it was ok.

-bix

·
███████
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do... No Really, I have a Gold Thong !!!!
Next Time Don't slap my ass so hard James ! :p

troy. << Not try

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Good to see everyone I know and to meet most of the Dez cr3w.

I missed meeting people like GoatRoper (you were there?) and perhaps another one or two screen names that I enjoy reading.

Thanks to Ron and Carly (good to meet you both in person!), Leo Capaldi, FocusSport, Exedy, etc... and for whomever was responsible for bringing the 2008 Focus.

Yes (even though I did not track my car) the work involved to safely participate in the track event ate into the socializing, but it was a real ho0t watching the boosted Focuses being driven well enough to pass cars costing ten times as much! LOL!

I arrived late after working half-day Saturday and slept in on Sunday. Since there was no marked radio-control course and just one or two other R/C cars, driving the R/C Focus was not as entertaining as it might have been.

Generally, I had a good time chillin' and chin wagging. :cool:

Next event, whatever and wherever it is, we should think about a time slot for some informal meet-and-greet so as to not miss someone who may have made it to the event undetected. :p

:party:

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
biscuitninja said:
Remember Cobra's have BIGG torque and its a bastard to modulate it in the corners, be a little bit too happy with the right foot and you're going off track. Sometimes more isn't all that great. I have WAY newfound respect for the Focus after seeing it pass 6-7 cars in a long sweeper corner. :bow: :party: :arr:
-bix
I would definately agree...that would be a beast of a car to try and drive on the edge. I just thought what he said was so funny. He was apologetic for "holding me up in the corners" when in actuality, he was halfway through the corner before I was finished braking. I was just telling him how beautiful his car was and thanking him for letting me follow :rock:

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
First of all, thanks to Ron and Mrs. Focaljet. It was great meeting you two. And thanks for the golden ticket bonus round on Sunday. :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Dez Crew - As always, it's great being with you guys. And see, polygamy isn't so bad after all is it? ;)

Covert1 - Thanks for hangin out with me. It was nice to have someone to BS with on the wind down. I can't believe we finished that 12 pack last night. That and watching cheesy ass movies. :lol:

Z63R - Thank you very much for driving my tipsy ass back to the Motel and being a sounding board on so many things.

Ataru and Wife Christy (sp?) - As always, it was good to talk and hang out with you two.

Frushy - It's always cool chillin with ya even though you were busy and I was lost and we didn't do that much chillin, but you know what I mean.

Danny - Thanks for showing me how to do it "animal style" at the In n Out. And yes, they are good.

MexTep - Awesome food. Who knew that roadkill could taste so good.

Tribal - Thank you for the nice cigar.

Omni, Bur, sleeprfocus, and so many that I can't remember at the moment.

To all, thanks for a great weekend. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Thanks to everyone!!! All of you were awesome to both see again and meet for the first time. Thanks sponsors, for without you it wouldn't be possible. Didn't land a ticket though :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts