Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Here's a breakdown of what has happened so far prior to the release of the independent autopsy by Michael Brown's family:

Is this guy biased or not? You be the judge.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
That's not execution style, if that was the last bullet to impact it's likely Brown was flailing and/or collapsing at that point. The report says the shots weren't at close range, and that he was shot from the front, both of which refute the execution-style theory.

But it does mean that there's at least one cop in this country that took target practice seriously. Six hits is impressive, though unfortunate it came up in this context.
I added "execution style" because one shot went through the top of Michael Brown's skull and because the report says that the shots weren't done at close range (some reports state Brown was about 35 feet away from the officer before he got shot). I'm thinking either Brown was charging at the officer at the time the fatal shot was fired or was already slumped down and the officer shot him then. We still need to know more. We still have to find out why did the officer discharge his weapon that many times and investigators can determine whether the use of deadly force is justified or not. An officer should only use deadly force if his/her life is in danger.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
That's definitely true, but firing multiple times is completely normal. The odd thing is that more than 1 or 2 actually hit the target. Even just cranking away at the trigger, 6 shots is going to take a couple of seconds to fire (and I'm sure he fired more than that). I'm having a hard time coming up with scenarios to justify this shooting, but as you say, we need to know more.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Some of the more notable community leaders who are at ground zero have stated that these violent people are completely different from the ones that are protesting during the day. As I said in a previous post, these violent people are from outside the Ferguson community. They have their own agenda and protesting isn't one of them.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I think all the protestors, peaceful or not need to go hope ASAP. I'm not entirely sure a protest was needed, but this might be overly optimistic that the justice system works correctly (this particular situation seems that without overwhelming evidence to the contrary that the police officer acted improperly resulting in, well, murder). Either way, a bunch or violent jackasses came in and ruined what should have been a peaceful, conductive protest/vigil. At this point, I feel like the people who are there to do good are so overshadowed by the people who showed up to do bad, that they are going to hurt their own cause.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Those violent people are from outside the Ferguson community and Missouri. They flew in or drove to Missouri to push their own agenda. Groups like the RCP are riling up some people within the Ferguson community to follow their cause by acting violent towards the government. Those people think they're doing this for a good cause but they're just being used by groups like the RCP.

My previous post: http://forums.focaljet.com/news-debate/676718-missouri.html#post8064824

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Look at who just got arrested? (hint: the shirts)

Same guys found on this photo:

Same people (the RCP) can be found in this photo likely lighting up malitov ****tails:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
More journalists arrested: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/ferguson-journalists-arrested/

"This was a very new experience," Graw wrote, according to an English-language translation of his German-language account. "I've been in several conflict zones: I was in the civil war regions in Georgia, the Gaza strip, illegally visited the Kaliningrad region when travel to the Soviet Union was still strictly prohibited for westerners, I've been in Iraq, Vietnam and in China, I've met Cuba dissidents. But to be arrested and yelled at and be rudely treated by police? For that I had to travel to Ferguson and St. Louis in the United States of America."
Yep. AMERICA.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
That's a really bad statement on his part. He was well treated by the parties he was there to be compassionate towards. Well no ****. If you'd ridden into Ferguson with the SWAT team you wouldn't have been booted out, either.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I heard that earlier today...it should be pretty damn easy to confirm. Is the cop's face broken? Y/N

But if he was pummeled, that makes it odd that Brown was shot from not-close-distance and the impact pattern doesn't fit with up-close self defense.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts