Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
You make a valid point since the slack and soft sidewall of a slick takes the stress off of the axle...on a street idk man I think a street tire will spin and just wont hook especially on the roads we have in MD with all the oils and fluids everywhere. Much like you taught me with those damn Dunlop Dirreza's I had. After that day at MIR I only got to hook up on those one other time besides that it was just a bunch of spinning

Anywho I want to see Turbofab grab 4th gear and a $100 rematch against the car in the left lane..It looked like he was ahead until where it appeared I guess the shifter broke and he let off...

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I've broken an axle on the street on street tires. Wheel hop sucks like no other. With the diff and slicks though, much less worried about them.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You make a valid point since the slack and soft sidewall of a slick takes the stress off of the axle...on a street idk man I think a street tire will spin and just wont hook especially on the roads we have in MD with all the oils and fluids everywhere. Much like you taught me with those damn Dunlop Dirreza's I had. After that day at MIR I only got to hook up on those one other time besides that it was just a bunch of spinning

Anywho I want to see Turbofab grab 4th gear and a $100 rematch against the car in the left lane..It looked like he was ahead until where it appeared I guess the shifter broke and he let off...
Yea my buddy 370z rides, he went 7.8 at 93 in the 1/8th, i was out just about a car when the base broke. Deff was a exciting run tho :)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've broken an axle on the street on street tires. Wheel hop sucks like no other. With the diff and slicks though, much less worried about them.
Ive never broken one yet, but i expect to at some point. And ive launched on the streets pretty hard (running a evo and others) and so far all has been well. Do you have trac bars?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thank god you told me what the issue is thats an easy fix thats just a few custom pipe bends i mean if you really want it. Let me ask you this when the axle broke was it violent of just a pop at the CV joint and you replaced the axle and was on your merry way. Basically my question is what else broke with that axle.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
They don't make traction bars for the Duratec years. Won't clear the oil pan.
Only the center bar wont fit, everything else does. Find someone with a roll cage bender and make a new one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
RDY4WAR if you want one carry it over to Mandrel Bent Solutions they can bend it and they arent to far from laurel or if you want to come to Salisbury by where I go to school at and go to Antoine he has two types of roll cage benders.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I've been to MBS for a few things before. They charge an arm and a leg... but they do good work. Would traction bars help keep my front end from lifting up so bad? I have horrible weight transfer off the line.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong on these but arent those bars designed mainly for pulling down on the front shocks basically limiting shock travel on the front suspension. Basically it pulls on the front and using the frame as support for "pre loading." If so I think you might want to invest in some rear adjustable shocks too RDY4WAR so you can stiffen up the rear suspension which will also help in reducing weight transfer.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts