Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have aluminum coolant tanks available for sale. The mount in the factory location. Can be left bare or powder coated any color. They come with all fittings and hardware. Can be used with factory hoses or braided AN hoses.

Prices start at $139.95

·
Registered
872 Posts
is there a performance benefit or is it just aesthetics? higher pressure? lighter weight? smaller dimensions?

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Any chance you could offer it without the barb on the filler neck?
I would also want just 1 upper barb....

Looks good :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Any chance you could offer it without the barb on the filler neck?
I would also want just 1 upper barb....

Looks good :thumbup:
The barb on the neck only opens if the system overpressurises.

and yes I'm sure they could do one with only 2 ports in it.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
is there a performance benefit or is it just aesthetics? higher pressure? lighter weight? smaller dimensions?
aesthetics and smaller dimensions.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like Jared stated, the main reasons for buying this would be if you already needed to replace yours, wanted the extra room, or just like the look of it better.

We can also change port configurations if you need something custom.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
What side is the lower barb exactly??

I will send you another email tomorrow bryan about some questions with the coolant system ... or i might just post it in my build thread.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
pretty..... too bad i need to use my overflow as a way to measure if i ahve more (i have teh legndayr svt thermostat leak, but only every once i na while...)

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
bryan is it possible to drill and tap for a little sight glass on the side of the tank so you can watch your fluid levels?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
bryan is it possible to drill and tap for a little sight glass on the side of the tank so you can watch your fluid levels?
there is no reason you couldn't put a sight tube in. I just didn't want one in mine

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
1/4" npt and 3/8" npt

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'll be ordering mine in a few days... My stock tank cracked.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Can you guys install a sight gauge of some sort? If you coolant is hot, it would be hard to check the level.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts