Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellos

After my 2003 SE was totalled last month, I replaced it with a 2014 SE (sport trim, I'm told). I knew it was a previously-salvaged rebuild, but friends who've bought cars with "branded" titles had good experience, so I took it (10k miles, $9995). Within days after taking possession, two problems came out of hiding. Now, the dealer did take care of the cracked intake manifold and the BCM was replaced.

I suspect it's a used BCM, as everything SYNC is picking up a whole 'nother VIN. Waiting to hear back from them, but trying to find a cure in the meantime. Is there a way I can get my VIN to be recognized, or do I go through life using some rogue number? It's okay to talk techie to me ;)

Please and thanks!

donna

·
Registered
235 Posts
As far as I know the sync system has to be updated through a dealer software package, I know the mk2 foci with the sync upgrade package needed dealer to program the vin into it. Not 100% sure of the newer systems, but its probably a dealer fix

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will it hurt anything if I just add the second vin to my sync profile, and run my vhr's off that one? My poor car has gone from possessed to schizophrenic, but I love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts