Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Particularly for the Brits,

Hugh Grant/Julia Roberts in Notting Hill - romantic comedy, love it or hate it?

(had to toss out a REAL serious question)

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
I think Hugh Grant was in a bunch of these "make American women swoon" movies.

·
2,958 Posts
Conversely, American accents make British women flush.
Really? Is there a particular accent because depending on where in the US you are from you can sound like you aren't even from the same country. :lol: I know I will say most European accents make a woman more appealing to me. Australian as well.

I have a buddy, from Southern California, who used to visit Japan regularly. He said if you were white the women would first ask if you were from America. Then they'd want to know if you were a surfer (From California) or a cowboy (From Texas). He said it was the weirdest question but with him being of Mexican descent (He spoke no Spanish but his last name was Spanish). But he would roll with it by either coming off with stereotypical surfer "Heeeeeyyyy brah, surfs up dude!" or a stereotypical "Howdy maam, y'all look mighty fine!" Southern accent. :lol: He said the women loved it.

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
Really? Is there a particular accent because depending on where in the US you are from you can sound like you aren't even from the same country. :lol: I know I will say most European accents make a woman more appealing to me. Australian as well.

I have a buddy, from Southern California, who used to visit Japan regularly. He said if you were white the women would first ask if you were from America. Then they'd want to know if you were a surfer (From California) or a cowboy (From Texas). He said it was the weirdest question but with him being of Mexican descent (He spoke no Spanish but his last name was Spanish). But he would roll with it by either coming off with stereotypical surfer "Heeeeeyyyy brah, surfs up dude!" or a stereotypical "Howdy maam, y'all look mighty fine!" Southern accent. :lol: He said the women loved it.

:lol:

After travelling about through out Europe. I was always asked (endlessly:rolleyes:) by either the locals or ENGLISH SPEAKING skiers aussies, canucks, and even septics.

"Whereabouts in England do you come from...LONDON"

>>>>er..no.

There's 65 million people that live in the UK....we can't ALL be f:mad::mad:ing living in London now can we.

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
..AND why ask me a question..."Whereabouts".....then answer it before I can answer .... "NOT London".

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
London isn't the whole of England?

Who would have known.

New York City area is entirely different than the rest of the State, yet when you say NY that's the assumed location.

·
2,958 Posts
Chris, who is the governor of Texas? Or of California? Two states that are two to three times larger geographically than the UK, who each probably have a GDP that is at least half what the UK's is. States... that rival entire countries in almost all aspects. I bet just the standing military in Texas alone rivals some combined armed forces of other countries. :lol:

Oh, you should know this because you're from London... where does the London Bridge live?

You could do that in pretty much any country with anyone. Hell, Tiger Woods could go around Europe telling people he is Obama and people would believe him. By and large people in general are dumb. And they get dumber when you put them on the spot with a camera in their face. Also the people that actually got the answers right ended up on the cutting room floor because that wouldn't be as funny. :lol:

·
2,958 Posts
Oh I know. I was just making a point.

But honestly though, do you know where the London Bridge ended up? :lol: I knew what state it went to, but was over a couple of cities. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts